I have created this thread to record the errors that I encounter when converting Word documents to PDF documents.
Although the Aspose components do an excellent job of conversion, unfortunately it has to be perfect for the application that I am developing. The nature of the documents that I am converting push Word to the limits of what it should really do and therefore I am seeing minor errors in most of the documents that I am converting.
The attached document shows the following errors when using Aspose.Words v18.104.22.168 and Aspose.PDF v22.214.171.124.
1) The "Missing Payments" and "Important - Read this carefully..." headings are misaligned compared to the "Your home may be repossesed" heading. I can see that this is because they have different styles. Currently I can fix problems like this when the document is in my control but once the software is deployed I will no longer be able to do this as the documents will be maintained by our end-users.
2) The image before the "Important - Use of your imformation" is placed on a separate line. This is a known issue with the Aspose.PDF component.
3) The checkbox following the "Marketing and Market Research" paragraph is missing.
4) The footer is displayed on even numbered pages in the PDF document but odd numbered pages in the Word document.
5) The image in the footer is displayed on a separate line (I may be able to get away with this because it actually looks better that way). This appears to be the same as issue 2.
6) When the document is printed from Word the "watermark" text in the bottom right hand corner does not appear. However it appears in the pdf document in normal font.