Word to PDF conversion - Initial View

Hi,

can you let me know how can I set the options from the screenshot in PdfSaveOptions when converting to PDF?

Thank you,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words only supports Zoom Behavior of initial view of Pdf at the moment. Please use PdfSaveOptions.ZoomBehavior property to get or set a value determining what type of zoom should be applied when a document is opened with a PDF viewer.

Could you please share the list of features you want in initial view of Pdf? We will then log these features in our issue tracking system for implementation.

I’m specifically interested in “Navigation tab” setting. How is it refers to PdfSaveOptions.setPageMode? Thank you.

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Currently, following PdfPageMode are available in Aspose.Words.

UseNone : Neither document outline nor thumbnail images are visible.
UseOutlines : Document outline is visible. Note that if there’re no outlines in the PDF document then outline navigation pane will not be visible anyway.
UseThumbs : Thumbnail images are visible.
FullScreen : Full-screen mode, with no menu bar, window controls, or any other window visible.
UseOC : Optional content group panel is visible.

As per my understanding, you want to see the initial view of Pdf in form of navigation panes e.g Article, Bookmarks, Layers, Tags etc. Please check the attached image for detail. I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-11189 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into the
possibility of implementation of this requested feature. Once we have
any information about this feature, we will update you via this thread.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Mariusz,

Further to my last post, we have created some sample Pdf files for initial view feature. Please check the attachments and share some detail about your requirements. We will log the feature request according to your requirements in our issue tracking system.

Hi,

I just want to use map the navigation tab options to the API, we have a requirement to enable that “Navigation tab” feature in our UI and thus we need to somehow be able to enable all the options that are available in Acrobat.

The Acrobat options are as follows:

1. Page only
2. Bookmarks Panel and Page
3.Pages Panel and Page
4. Attachments Panel and Page
5. Layers Panel and Page

Can you let me know which API should I use to configure the options above?

Thank you,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, there is no API to set “Navigation tab” value. We will update you via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Mariusz,

Further to my last post, “Attachments Panel and Page” is not supported by Aspose.Words because it was introduced in PDF 1.6 and this Pdf version is not supported by Aspose.Words. I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-11263 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

So Navigation tab=“Bookmarks Panel and Page” option will be available at some point, right? Can you tell me when? Is there any workaround to enable that setting?

Thank you,
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, we will introduce this feature in one of Aspose.Words future releases.

“Attachments Panel and Page” is not supported by Aspose.Words because it was introduced in PDF 1.6 and this Pdf version is not supported by Aspose.Words. Once this feature is available, we will look into “Attachments Panel and Page” feature.

OK, thank you. I’m interested in Bookmarks Panel and Page option. Thank you

Hi Mariusz,

Regarding “Bookmarks Panel and Page” option, I have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-11453 in our issue tracking system. Our development team will look into this feature after the availability of WORDSNET-11263.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11453) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.11 update also available on NuGet.