Word to PDF conversion using Java

Hi,

Can you please tell me if we can convert a word file to PDF using Java using Aspose.PDF?

Thanks

Bhoomica

Hi Bhoomica,

We're sorry, word to pdf conversion is currently not supported in Java; it is only supported in Aspose.Pdf for .Net.

If you have any more queries, please do let us know.

Regards,

Hi,

Can I clarify this a bit? Looking at your website it seems to be the case that conversion of Word to pdf from Aspose.words isn’t supported for Java but I’d formed the impression that I could do this conversion using the older method of combining .words and .pdf. It looks like it should work (the relevant API is there) but when I actually do it the conversion looses all the formatting. This is a showstopper for me at the moment so I’ve a few questions:

1. Any suggestions for a workaround?

2. Any other Java library (not necessarily yours) that you'd recommend that can do the doc -> pdf step in the itermin?

3. Do you have an ETA for this functionality to be delivered/working?

4. Is a beta available now I could take?

Hi,

As Shahzad have mentioned, conversion from Word to Pdf is not supported in Java version. I am not sure what do you mean by “I’d formed the impression that I could do this conversion using the older method of combining .words and .pdf“ and the technique that you are using. If there has been any workaround, we would have definitely implemented that.

1) I am afraid that, currently I cannot suggest you any workaround for this problem.

2) Well, I am not sure about any other library that can serve the purpose. You would have to search for it by your own.

3) Our development team is working hard to get this functionality available, but I am sorry to inform you that, it cannot be supported in short time.

4) Currently we cannot offer you any Beta version. As soon as we have any updates over this issue, we would be pleased to inform you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.