We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word to PDF does not follow the the row break rule

Hi,

I'm using Aspose.word for creating some mail merge documents. Everything was working fine until users started entering long texts that causes a row in generated document to get so long that it does not fit in the current page anymore. so the entire row moves to the beginning of the next page. the solution for that is very easy, use "Allow row to break across pages" in the table properties of the template document, and it worked, but only for word documents.

We are converting word documents to PDF, using Document.Save method. the input word document breaks the row across pages, but the generated PDF moves the entire row to the next page. any ideas? BTW, If I save the generated word document as PDF using Microsoft Word, it will be saved correctly, with that row broken across 2 pages.

Our users mostly use PDF not word. so for most of them using word format is not an option.

Regards,

Abbas

Hi Abbas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please attach your Word document here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,

I found something when I was trying to send you our template and generated documents.

I removed header and footer part of the template (They had some sensitive customer information in them), after that everything started working fine. Converted PDF files were exactly as word files, no problem at all. So I removed images we had in header and footer, saved the template, inserted those images again, changed the size and did other adjustments necessary. now everything is working fine. Looks like we had something in header and footer parts of our template that was causing the problem.

Anyway, it still does not explain why generated word documents were fine and PDF ones weren't, but at least we don't have a problem anymore.

Thanks for following up,

Regards,

Abbas

Hi Abbas,

Thanks for your inquiry. Well, sometimes when you open your problematic document with Microsoft Word application, do some changes and then re-save it, it silently fixes/recovers the document. It’s great you were able to find what you were looking for; however, you may still share your original document with us for testing and we will supply you with a fix.

Best regards,