Word to PDF - Line wrapping problem

Hi,

We are experiencing a problem with text wrapping in our Word to PDF conversion process.

Our original word document (attached) displays correctly but the resultant PDF (also attached) wraps the line in an odd fashion.

Line 1 wraps at the % sign - we would expect it to wrap before '20%' The other lines are similar in that they wrap at the 'full stop'.

Kind regards,

Gary Woods.

Dear Gray,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

As you can see from the XML, the "%." and "." are in separated segments link the following although they have the same text formatting with other parts of the text.:

%.

That makes the text wrapping seem odd. We need the cooperation of the Aspose.Words team to resolve this problem. I have reported this issue to the Aspose.Words team before. I will contact them again to see when this can be supported.

Hi Tommy,

Do you know if there has been any response from the Aspose.Words team?

Kind regards,

Gary.

Thanks for considering Aspose.

This post has been moved to Aspose.Words. They will give you a satisfying answer.

Dear Gary,

As I know, Aspose.Words will not support this in short time. I will try to solve this problem in Aspose.Pdf in about a week.

Tommy,

Thank you very much. We appreciate this.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Hi Gary,

I have tried to make it work better. Please try the attachment. More work on this issue is still needed.

Tommy,

I have tested the fix on our original document and a couple of others and it seems to work fine.

Thanks again for your time and effort on this.

Regards,

Gary.

Tommy,

Whilst the fix did work on our original doc (and a couple of others) we have since experienced other examples of it still not working.

So I guess your comment that 'More work on this issue is still needed', was right.

Are you planning any more time on this?

Regards,

Gary.

Hi Gary,

I hope I can solve this problem next month. Can please provide more examples that can reproduce the error?

Tommy

please find attached our latest problem document.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Dear Gary,

I have updated the code to make it works better. Please try the attachment. There is still problem for the text with different formatting. For example, the "£10.00" in your document. As a workaround, please use same text formatting for such text, e.g., "£10.00" (without bold for the £).

I don’t know if this is relevant, but does page size/formatting have any bearing on the line wrapping problem?

I haven’t had a chance to test it or discover all the methods/properties of Aspose.WORD, but it seems that most of the world uses A4 sized paper, while US uses Letter sized.

Being that I am developing an application for a US based company, could some of the word wrap issues be related to this page size?

I’ll post more if I discover anything.

I don’t think the line wrapping issue is related with page size. I have updated the attachment of the post above. I think it works in most cases.

Hi Tommy,

The latest fix has rectified the problem on our last problem document, thank you.

However there appears to be an udesirable side effect, in that our main body font has been changed from Arial to Times New Roman. Which is odd as the XML states 'Arial' throughout...

I attach the relevant documents, which are the xml & pdf produced from the previously posted document with PDF 3.0.2.4.

Kind regards,

Gary.

Dear Gary,

I have just tested your document with the new hotfix 3.0.3 and have not found the problem you reported. Can you please retry it with 3.0.3?