Word to PDF not formatting numbering correctly

I have a Word Document that has has numbering embedded and it is not formatting correctly when converted to PDF.

The document in question in an excerpt from a larger document and the numbering appearing at the beginning is actually a continuation of the numbering from the larger (parent) document. When converted to PDF, the tab spacing after the numbering in being ignored.

I have attached the offending Doc file. It is the first paragraph.
Running the document through PdfCreator renders the PDF correctly.

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Please share the resource word document so that we can test the conversion at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Document should have been attached to previous post. Will try again on this one.

My apologies, attached the output doc previously instead of both.
Source document attached to this post.

Hi,

While looking at the word file and the resultant PDF that you have shared, I am unable to notice the problem. Can you please share some more details regarding the exact issue that you are facing? Also it would be more helpful, if you share the information regarding Aspose.Words & Aspose.Pdf versions that you are using.

FYI, I’ve tested the scenario and in my case the output is different. Before we would have proceeded with the correction of those issues, I wanted to have your input.

The formatting problem that we are experiencing is in the first paragraph begining:

322. Section 82A review of refusal to allow the Shoalhaven Heads Hotel to operate a weekly

In the PDF, the paragraph text is aligned with the left side of the number 322 .

In word, this paragraph is indented so that the text all appears in a block with the number to the left.

I will download the latest version of Word & PDF to re-test.

The PDF attached to my first post may not be the correct output, I may have attached the outout from PDFCreator that I was using as a test baseline.

The versions in use when this problwem was detected were downloaded 3-4 weeks ago.

Please let me know if you need the exact version numbers.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for sharing the information.

As I've have mentioned in my earlier post, I have been able to notice the problem in the out put, generated using latest versions of Aspose.Words 6.3.0.0 & Aspose.Pdf 4.0.0, but I wanted to confirm it from your side. Because, the resultant PDF that you shared in first post, doesn’t seem to have any issue. But now things are pretty much clear.

We are looking into the details of this matter and will keep you updated with the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Has there been any progress on a resolution for this problem?

Hi,

Sorry for replying late. I have confirmed that the issue is on Aspose.Words side. As positioning information is not set correctly in the intermediate xml file that generated by Aspose.Words. I have reported it to aspose words team. They will reply to you soon. Thanks.

Best regards.

Hello!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I’m Viktor, the developer on Aspose.Words Team responsible for integration with Aspose.Pdf. Hans asked for my expertise. This is a known issue in our defect database:

WORDSNET-6807 – Left indent is lost for explicitly non-list paragraphs

We’ll notify you when it is fixed or provide more information. As a workaround you can clear direct formatting on this paragraph and re-apply negative first line indent (“outdent”). This works. Please let me know if there are any difficulties.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1909) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)