Word to PNG and SmartArt

Hi,

I’ve just downloaded the latest-and-greatest support for .NET because of it’s SmartArt support. IN most cases it’s working fine; adding CustomProperties, etc. The one thing that is NOT working is when we convert the Word document to an image (PNG in our case). Then the SmartArt is lost. Is this a know bug? When is this going to be supported?

Thanks,
Andy.

Hi William,
Thanks for considering Aspose.
WordArt is properly supported upon rendering. Could you please attach your document and code here for testing and I will provide you some feedback.
Thanks,

Hi Adam,
I can’t attach the file (well, certainly not to the forum) as it’s a customer file that is proprietary. However, I’ve uploaded a new file I just created, which does also fail, and our code is as follows:

Using blobStream As New System.IO.MemoryStream(fileData)
    Dim wordDoc As New Aspose.Words.Document(blobStream)

Using memStream As New MemoryStream ' first page
        wordDoc.Save(memStream, Aspose.Words.SaveFormat.Png)
        If Deliver Then
            With HttpContext.Current.Response
                .Clear()
                .Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache)
                .ContentType = "image/png"
                memStream.WriteTo(HttpContext.Current.Response.OutputStream)
                .End()
            End With
        End If
        theImage = System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(memStream)

End Using
End Using

Basically, fileData is the Word file being retreived from a database record and we stream the results down to the client.

Hi William,
Thanks for posting your attachments.
My apologises, I interpreted your first post as WordArt and not as SmartArt. Currently SmartArt is preserved roundtrip when loading and saving in DOCX format. We will look into supporting rendering of DrawingML sometime in the future. We will keep you informed regarding any developments.
In the mean time the only work around I can suggest is to manually convert these smart art objects into an image (in MS Word) before rendering them.
Also please note that any attachments you post to the forum are private and can only be downloaded by you and specific Aspose staff.
If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to ask.
Thanks,

Is there a time-scale for this to be supported? Our customers are becoming increasingly frustrated that this is missing.

Thanks,
Andy.

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this feature at the moment. Most likely, this feature will be supported somewhere at the beginning of the next year. But currently I cannot promise you any exact date. You will be notified as soon as it is supported.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7396) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4987) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.1 update.