Word to TIFF?

Is it possible to convert a Word (etc.) document to TIFF format with one of the Aspose Tools ?

I’m going to make a service which can convert Word, Excel, PDF to TIFF
image files, but don’t want to have Microsoft Word/Excel etc. installed
on the machine (= no print drivers). Word sometimes popup a messagebox
with something (unexpected) and since its a service, there are no
persons to accept or decline such messages. We have used Aspose for
other purpose and thinks that you make very nice products/tools…

Hi,
Thank you for considering Aspose.
Unfortunately saving Word documents to images will be available as soon as Aspose.Word.Viewer has been completed. We are planning to release it until end of 2005 or so.

Hi,
We are also looking for this Word to TIFF feature - is there are beta stuff out yet so that we can try it?
Also, any updates on when the print functionality will be released?
Kind Regards,
ics

Hi,
Well you can try to save Word document pages to TIFF images using Aspose.Word.Viewer beta, but we do not guarantee quality and stable rendering. We’re working on it, no updates on the release date. This is around the end of 2005 as planned before.

Hi,
We have got version 3.2.2.0 of Aspose.Word - does this have the beta features included?
What method do we call to save a document as a TIFF?

Yes, they are included in the product since 3.0. Try to use https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/document/extractpages/. Remember, we do not provide any technical support concerning the beta.

Any news on this subject ?

Earlier you said: “Well you can try to save Word document pages to
TIFF images using Aspose.Word.Viewer beta, but we do not guarantee
quality and stable rendering. We’re working on it, no updates on the
release date. This is around the end of 2005 as planned before.”

Is the “non beta” Aspose.Word.Viewer soon to be released ? - or do we have to wait a few months ?

My project leader is trying to plan what solution we have to go for - and I would hope for a solution using Aspose.

The earliest estimate for Aspose.Word.Viewer release is March-April 2006.

Thanks for the quick answer… I hope that the project leader (and customer) can wait for that :wink:

We look forward for the release :wink:

Hi Vladimir Averkin,
I have followed this thread with interest and was wondering if there was anything new regarding the release.
By the way: This feature “saving Word documents as TIFF images” (through the Viewer) will that feature be available through the Excel.Viewer and PDF Viewer as well ?
Best regards
Jakob Eskar

Aspose.Viewer is upcoming. Its release is planned on April 2006.
Concerning Excel.Viewer and Pdf.Viewer it wiil be better if you address this question directly to Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Excel team via dedicated forums.

how can i convert words document to tiff in java ?

Hi
Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words for Java. Currently we work on Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace on .NET baseline. The Aspose.Words.Viewer namespace provides classes to render and print Word documents without utilizing Microsoft Word. Release of Aspose.Words.Viewer will be sometime in Q2 2008. Afterward Viewer will be ported to Java version.
Also see the following link.
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/convert-a-document-to-an-image/
Best regards.

We are happy to tell you that the new Rendering Engine has replaced the “old Viewer Beta”. The Rendering Engine can print, save as images or draw onto .NET Graphics object any document page.

Please see Aspose.Words documentation to learn more about new features.

Saving to image

In additional, new Rendering engine allows you to convert Word document to PDF directly (without using Aspose.Pdf).

Saving to Pdf

The latest version of Aspose.Words is available for download from downloads section or from NuGet