Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Word wrap chart Ticklables (save as pdf)

Dear all, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Again a new problem with tickllabels. Please consider the attached files. The file reportAspose.xls shows the generated xls file (based on the provided sourcecode and example excel file) The file reportAspose.pdf shows the report after saving the file in pdf format. As you can see, there is a difference between the representation of the ticklables in both files where the value consists of a calendar week and a year.

Regards

Erik

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I tested your template file with the latest version of Aspose.Cells and it works fine (resultant file attached).Please download and try the latest version of Aspose.Cells from the following location and see if it works fine for you.

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry215207.aspx

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have downloaded the latest Aspose.Cells version. Unfortunately I’m also with this version unable to create the correct pdf output.

I also noticed two other issues with the new version (compared to version 4.8.1.10):

  1. In the old version I was able to run the following code:

for (int i = 1; i < wb.Worksheets.Count; i++)

{

wb.Worksheets[i].IsVisible = false;

}

My intention is to hide first of all worksheets of the workbook. Then, during the report generation process, all needed worksheets are set visible again. If I run the shown code with the latest aspose version, I get an exception that the workbook should contain at least one visible worksheet.

  1. The new version shows bad results if you convert a chart with an image to pdf (

    Regards

    Erik

    PS.: There was no file attached.

Hi,

I have used the new version v4.8.2.0 and it works fine. Please find attached the generated pdf file here. So, kindly make sure that you have used the latest version v4.8.2 in your project.

My sample code:
Workbook excelWorkbook0 = new Workbook();
excelWorkbook0.Open(@“e:\test\ticks\Report.xls”);

foreach (Worksheet ws in excelWorkbook0.Worksheets)
{


if (ws.Index != 0)
{
ws.IsVisible = false;

}


}
excelWorkbook0.Save(@“e:\test\ticks\outReport.pdf”);

Now for your queries.

eoe:
  1. In the old version I was able to run the following code:

for (int i = 1; i < wb.Worksheets.Count; i++)

{

wb.Worksheets[i].IsVisible = false;

}

My intention is to hide first of all worksheets of the workbook. Then, during the report generation process, all needed worksheets are set visible again. If I run the shown code with the latest aspose version, I get an exception that the workbook should contain at least one visible worksheet.



The new version v4.8.2 works similar to MS Excel. If you could conduct a test manually in MS Excel 2007, you just try to hide all the worksheets in a workbook, you will find the similar error message (generated by MS Excel this time). We follow the MS Excel standards, so there should be at least one visible worksheet in the workbook.


eoe:


  1. The new version shows bad results if you convert a chart with an image to pdf ( ). The image is shown blurred and warped



Please try new version v4.8.2.0. If you still find the issue, could you post your template file with the chart/image here. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Hi, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I added the wrong attachment. Please try to reproduce the mentioned issues with the new sample files.

Thanks in advance

Erik

Hi,

Thanks for providing us sample code with template files.

We have found your mentioned issue after an initial test, we will figure it out soon.

Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-13460.

Thank you.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Please try the attached latest fix of Aspose.Cells for .NET and set the value of TickLabelSpacing to 5. If not set, it will be auto.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi ,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the provided fix. It works but it also generates a new problem. If I set the TickLabelSpacing property to 5 or any other value, most of my textboxes in the chart are lost (it seems that they are located at the right chart border). You can reproduce the issue with the files provided there.

Erik

Hi ,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the provided fix. It works but it also generates a new problem. If I set the TickLabelSpacing property to 5 or any other value, most of my textboxes in the chart are lost (it seems that they are located at the right chart border). You can reproduce the issue with the files provided there (you have to add a line to set the ticklabelspacing property).

Erik

Hi,

We found the issue using your sample files and code.

Since it is a separate issue, so, please follow up your other thread: <a href="https://forum.aspose.com/t/141594 to get it fixed.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13460) have been fixed in this update.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.