WordArt rotation on conversion to PDF

Hello,

After searching your forum, I see this may have been reported before (Ref:WORDSNET-9740), however I can’t find any more information on the matter.

I am trying to export a simple Word (.DOCX) document to PDF, however Aspose.Docs, is losing the rotational formatting applied to the text.

Please see attached document and sample code.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 14.12.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-11327. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your inquiry. Regarding WORDSNET-11327, our development team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that this issue and the undesired behaviour you’re observing is actually not a bug. So, we will close this issue as ‘Not a Bug’.

You should use PdfSaveOptions.DmlRenderingMode=DmlRenderingMode.DrawingML. By default Aspose.Words renders images in DmlRenderingMode.Fallback mode (VML shapes). I hope, this helps.

PdfSaveOptions options = new PdfSaveOptions();
options.DmlRenderingMode = DmlRenderingMode.DrawingML;
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out-14.12.0.pdf", options);

Best regards,

Hello,

After making this change, I find absolutely no difference to the documents created as PDF.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have attached two PDF files here for your reference. Please make sure that you’re using latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET i.e. 14.12.0.
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net

Best regards,