We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

WordML Hyperlink export different from that of Word

We've recently switch from using Word (via COM) to Aspose.Words.
When saving documents which contain a hyperlink the Aspose.Words output is different as that from Word 2010.

Word outputs a w:hlink element.
Aspose.Words outputs a HYPERLINK field.

The field is correctly formatted, however our downstream system is expecting a hlink element.

If there a flag or option I can set to get the same behaviour as Word?
I can supply a sample document on request.

TIA
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great if you please share following detail for investigation purposes.


  • Please attach your input Word document.
  • Please

    create a standalone/runnable simple application (for example a Console
    Application Project
    ) that demonstrates the code (Aspose.Words code) you used to generate
    your output document

  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please
    attach your target Word document showing the desired behavior. You can
    use Microsoft Word to create your target Word document. I will
    investigate as to how you are expecting your final document be generated
    like.

Unfortunately,
it is difficult to say what the problem is without the Document(s) and
simplified application. We need your Document(s) and simple project to
reproduce the problem. As soon as you get these pieces of information to
us we’ll start our investigation into your issue.

Tahir,

Thanks for your reply. Please find attached the sample files you requested. Below the the sample code I used. Obviously our production it different. I can't post that here, but the behaviour is the same.

public static void main(
String[] args)
throws Exception {

License license = new License();
license.setLicense("c:\\temp\\Aspose.Words.lic");

FileInputStream fileInputStream = new FileInputStream("c:\\temp\\original.docx");

Document document = new Document(fileInputStream);

document.acceptAllRevisions();

document.setTrackRevisions(false);

SaveOptions saveOptions = SaveOptions.createSaveOptions(SaveFormat.WORD_ML);

FileOutputStream fileOutputStream = new FileOutputStream("c:\\temp\\created by aspose.xml");
document.save(fileOutputStream, saveOptions);
}

TIA,
Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for sharing the detail.

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10424. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10424) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 18.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 18.7 update.