WordML to DOC: Bulletpoints are lost

Dear Aspose Team.

I’m converting a wordML file with a bulletlist inside to a DOC file (word97 - 2003 format). In the result file is still the list, but without the bulletpoints. Do you have any idea?

See Code below. WordML is attached.

Thanks for helping.

[C#]

Aspose.Words.Document wordDocument = new Document(wordMLPath);
wordDocument.UpdateFields();
wordDocument.Save(resultPath, SaveFormat.Doc);

Hi

Thanks for your request. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

Best regards

Hi.

I found out that in my wordML something like

is missing in the node of the specific list elements. Word actually doesn’t need this. But is this how Aspose.Words determines how to display the bullets? Or via the section on the beginning of the wordML?

Thanks

Best regards

Hi

Thank you for additional information. Bullets are preserved upon WML->WML or WML->DOCX roundtrip, but are lost if convert your WML to DOC. Currently, I cannot tell you what is the reason of this problem. We will further investigate the issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

More additional information just to let you know…

I also tried converting to AsposePdf and saving as pdf via Aspose.PDF. Then i’ve got an ordered list like

etc.

and not a bullet list.

Yes, I saw such behavior. Also the same occurs upon converting it to HTML.

Best regards.

Is there any update on this issue or a timeline?

thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2740) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.