I have been playing around with aspose.words to convert worldml files to pdf.
I have a document who's output does not generate correctly in the application im integrating it with.
To investigate further i wrote a simple standalone windows forms app, to convert the same template. But I the stand alone product generates the document fine and correctly. So im rather confused, ive been trying to find the difference between the two applications but am stumped as to what the problem could be.
The document in questions output varies with text in the header. In one application the document outputs in black text, and the other the text appears to be white (on white background) i cannot see the text, but its there as i can cut and paste it.
The code in both is the same:
Aspose.Words.Document conversiondoc = new Aspose.Words.Document(tempFileName);
Can I get some advice on how to investigate this problem further , and what information details I can provide ?Has this issue come up before?
I cant upload the non working application as its a rather vast code base, and i cannot get the small standalone version to re-produce the problem.
Some of the things i thought of where where:
1. The version of the .net framework are the same - it turned out they differed the working one was .net 3.5 and the failing application was .net 2.0 so I made both .net 2.0 (made no difference)
2. The save and compatibility options are the same (i looked at it manually and they appear to be the same)
3. The same physical file is being picked up and generated (i debugged each app and made sure they picked up the same source file and generated it into pdf)
4. Use of other aspose libraries - it turned out we are also using aspose.cells an older version in the application that has the incorrect pdf output. I added the creation of an empty workbook to the working application, it made no difference.
5. The same version of aspose.words is being used in both apps.
Any help would be appreciated. I have attached an example.