.Words and .PDF evaluation

Received : 2007/11/30 04:34:53

I’m using .Words and .PDF to merge some word documents and then produce a pdf from them… on an evaluation copy of the products…

It seems really slooooooooooow producing the files, is this to do with it being evaluation copy ?

Regards

Daryl

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello Daryl.
Thank you for your interest in Aspose components.
Performance of the doc2pdf conversion doesn’t depend on evaluation mode. It depends on the input data. The more complex your document is the slower it is converted. Also it could be an environmental issue.
This conversion consists of several steps: producing the intermediate XML with Aspose.Words and feeding it to Aspose.Pdf, then saving as PDF. Intermediate XML is usually generated faster than the next steps. So if the problem really exists we’ll consult with Aspose.Pdf team.
Please attach the final Word document you are converting and show the conversion code. We’ll try ourselves.
Regards,

Hello,
can you please see what can you do with image position (not inline posiitions)
Also I’m having problems with converting docs with fonts that are not in my operative system font folder.
Thanks
Nuno

Hi
Thanks for your request.

1. There is the issue #3098 in our defect database.
    Issue #3098 – Improve floating box handling during PDF export.
    Currently I can’t tell you when this issue will be fixed. As a workaround you can use inline shapes instead floating.
  2. Conversion to PDF is performed with the two libraries: Aspose.Words and Aspose.Pdf. In Aspose.Words we don’t substitute any fonts with others. So this question should be asked to Aspose.Pdf Team. Please post this question in Aspose.Pdf forum.
    Also could you please attach your document for testing?
    Best regards.