Words converted to slides wraps some text

Some text blocks that are not wrapped in words get wrapped in slides when it’s converted. Is there a way to prevent that?

Hi Wade,

I have observed your comments. I request you to please share source code, source presentation and generated presentation, so that i can further investigate issue on our end.

Best Regards,

I will try to create a sample that does the same thing. I shouldn’t share the sensitive document business information that I’m working with currently.

Hi Wade,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that you can share your private and sensitive documents via email. Aspose always give priority to customers privacy.

Best Regards,

Hi Wade,

I like to inform you that issue mentioned by you is not related to Aspose.Slides. I am moving this query to Aspose.Words forum and our colleagues from Aspose.Words will contact you soon.

Best Regards,
Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 16.11.0, we managed to reproduce this issue on our end (see attached screenshot). We have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-14413. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hi,

Our product team has completed the analysis and the root cause of this issue has been identified. However, because of complexity, the implementation of the fix of this issue has been postponed for now (no ETA is available). We will inform you as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issue occurs because Aspose.Words does not choose wrapping band the same way MS Word does when there are several floaters and their combined wrapping boundaries are ragged.

The problematic text is wrapped around two floater - a square-wrapped shape with rectangular boundaries and a tight-wrapped shape with polygonal boundaries (see attached 14413Wrapping.png). There is no space to the side of the floaters and Aspose.Words puts the text below the bottom of the rectangular floater, because its bottom is higher. The band is overlapped a little but the tight-wrapped floater, but there is enough space to the right of it and Aspose.Words places the text there.

MS Word just places the text below the tight-wrapped floater.

Emulating MS Word for this scenario is not trivial. If the rectangular floater is moved upward, leaving more space for the text, MS Word starts placing the text to the right and below the tight-wrapped floater. The condition when MS Word considers the space to the right usable is not obvious.

You may change text wrapping type of the problematic floater form Tight to TopBottom as a workaround.

Best regards,