We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Words evaluator asks for assistance

I am evaluating your words for Java product. I have downloaded and compiled the demo applications. Could I trouble you to review the stack dump below. The demo application is attempting to connect to a database that I obviously do not have. The connection code is shown just below the stack dump. Any guidance on executing the demo?

Also, do you have a jar file with your DocumentExplorer demo? There is a thread in the forums from 2009 that mention is existence but it was not in the zip I downloaded.

My application involves reading docx files and extracting information and writing it to files. Some of the information will be in tables and some will be in text. It would help my evaluation tremendously if there was a sample you could point me to that demonstrated loading a docx and walking the dom.

Thanks in advance.

C:\Users\pjs1328\Documents\Aspose.Words.Java\demos\Aspose.Words.Demos>java -cp ..\..\lib\Aspose.Words.jdk15.jar;..\..\lib\demos-only-libs\aspose-barcode.jar;..\..\lib\demos-only-libs\servlet.jar;..\..\lib\demos-only-libs\aspose-cells.jar;.\classes com.aspose.words.demos.DemoBatch

Exception in thread "main" java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLDriverConnect(Unknown Source)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.initialize(Unknown Source)

at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at com.aspose.words.demos.Demo.createConnection(Demo.java:136)

at com.aspose.words.demos.Demo.initDemo(Demo.java:53)

at com.aspose.words.demos.DemoBatch.main(DemoBatch.java:23)

C:\Users\pjs1328\Documents\Aspose.Words.Java\demos\Aspose.Words.Demos>

public static void createConnection() throws Exception

{

// Load a DB driver that is used by the demos

Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");

// Compose connection string.

String connectionString = "jdbc:odbc:DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};" +

"DBQ=" + mDatabase + ";UID=Admin";

// DSN-less DB connection.

mConnection = DriverManager.getConnection(connectionString);

}

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words.

In addition to extensive online documentation, you can download offline Aspose.Words for Java samples pack from here. It contains many useful example projects.

Secondly, you can find DocumentExplorer project in ‘demos’ folder as an IntelliJ IDEA’s project. Unfortunately, the demo uses some IntelliJ GUI Layout managers and therefore can only be executed (run) via IntelliJ IDEA IDE. However, we will most likely distribute pre-built JAR of DocumentExplorer with the future versions of Aspose.Words for JAVA. Your request has been linked to the appropriate feature request (WORDSJAVA-457) in our issue tracking system and you will be notified as soon as this JAR is available. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moreover, please note that Aspose.Words builds a tree like DOM (Document Object Model) in memory and there are many ways you can read/extract document elements (content) using Aspose.Words. For more information, I would suggest you please read the following articles:

http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/How+to++Extract+Selected+Content+Between+Nodes+in+a+Document
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Working+with+Tables
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsjava/Run

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Regarding the database problem, could you please describe what operating system you are using?

Thanks,

The os on the evaluation system is Win7 Professional. The database problem is that the Aspose evaluation suite sample programs ship without a database and hence the sample programs cannot be executed. This is most exasperating for potential customers. You might want to review this.

However, our evaluation has gone beyond this problem and we will not need a copy of the database required to execute Aspose sample programs.

Consider this request for assistance fulfilled.

Cordially,
Peter

Hi there,

Thanks for this additonal information.

Both the demos and samples are shipped with the database, for the demos you can find the mdb file under the Database folder.

It’s great to hear you have found the answer you are looking for.

Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-457) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)