We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

.Words issue on 64-bit Win2k3 server

Hello -
I am working on a .NET app to do a mail merge and evaluating ASPOSE for the functionality we need. When I run the following code (this is the specific line that errors out)

doc.Save("COBRA Request.doc", SaveFormat.Doc, SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Me.Response)

I receive the following error:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
If you could let me know how to resolve, that would be great.

Regards,
Jon oestermeyer
joestermeyer@rightpointconsulting.com

Hello Jon.
Thank you for your interest in Aspose products.
Please ensure you are using the latest version Aspose.Words 4.4.1. Try saving any other documents instead of this. Also it’s a good idea to check saving in a small standalone application rather than web service. Most probably it’s an induced problem.
If nothing of this helps please provide us more information such as code fragment forming the document from the point you create Aspose.Words.Document object and a document sample. You can attach the sample in the thread. Having all this we could try to reproduce and spot the problem.
Regards,

Hello -
I actually downloaded 4.4.0 and the code works. I saw a post in the bug forum that the issue I am having is specific to 4.4.1 in the 64-bit environment. Please let me know if you need further information or if I should stick with 4.4.0 for now.
Regards,
Jon

Thank you. We’ll keep cooperating. The last version affected by the similar issue was 4.1.1 among with some priors. If 4.4.0 fits you needs you can use it. But please provide the code fragment and the document reproducing this if that’s not so difficult. After some investigation we figured out that such an error occurs on 64-bit machines but it is an induced issue. We’d like much to find a reliable solution/workaround.
Sorry for inconvenience,

Here is the code that causes the issue:

'Open the template document
Dim DocPath As String = "C:\\inetpub\\wwwroot\\Dev\\COBRA\\"
Dim doc As Document = New Document(System.IO.Path.Combine(DocPath, "COBRA PACKET_Stratex 2007.dot"))
_procCall = "call ap_GetCOBRAForPrint (" & Request.QueryString("id") & ")"
doc.MailMerge.Execute(db.fillDT(_procCall))
doc.Save("COBRA Request.doc", SaveFormat.Doc, SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Me.Response)

I have also attache dthe word template that we are using.
Regards,
Jon

Hi
Thanks for additional information. Wee will investigate this problem and provide you more information. Please expect the reply next week.
Best regards.

Hi
I have logged this problem to our defect database as issue # 3967. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks). We might just fix it by then or provide more information
Best regards.

Has there been a resolution to this?

I will give you a built to test on your 64bit server later today. Not sure if will catch you in your timezone.

I see the Aspose.Total for .Net 1.4.0.6 Hot Fix dated 1/14/2008 but there doesn’t seem to be an update to Aspose.Words in the Hot Fix nor is there any update to the Aspose.Words product in the Aspose.Words download area.
I have had to revert to the Aspose.Words 4.4.0 version in order to avoid this error. Will this issue be resolved in the next version/Hot Fix?

Hi
Thanks for inquiry. We hope that we will fix this in next release.
Best regards.

We have released a new version of Aspose.Words that contains a fix for this issue.
The new version of Aspose.Words is available for download from here.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 3967) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.