Words Mail Merge .NET

Hi,

We are trying to create tables grouped by a field.

For example:

To create a simple table, we can use mail merge regions.

How do we create something like:

FieldValue

region table based on 1

FieldValue2

region table based on 2

Thanks!

Hi,

If you speak about nested regions, then they are not yet supported, but there is a workaround to implement this task. Please consider the Product Catalog demo project supplied together with the component and tell me if it helps.

If I misunderstood you, please give more details of your task and attach a sample document.

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, I saw the demo project - it is similar to what we need however -

it shows only 1 table.

What we are trying to do is as follows (in one page):

Main Table

For each item in main table

MainTable.ItemName

Sub Table col1, col2, col3

Next MainTable.Item

Thanks!

Okay, I will try to find a workaround for you shortly.

Could you please compose a simple document to show what result you need to achieve? I still not fully understand what the key difference between your goal and Product Catalog is. It does not show 1 table, it shows a master table (category) and a child table (products), right as your "Main Table" and "Sub Table". I have noticed you also need the main table to retain at the beginning - this is not a problem at all, just add a merge region and populate it with a separate mail merge (probably do that in a separate document piece and then prepend it to the destination document).

Thanks.

Hi Dmitry,

Let's say we have Country, State, and City.

The sample seems like to create a table as follows:

NY

NJ

CA

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to do the following:

United States

NY

Albany

Brooklyn

New York City

NJ

Jersey City

TX

Austin

Mexico

Mexico

Mexico City

How would we be able to do this in one document :) ?

Thanks!

I think the only difference between your task and the Product Catalog demo is that it uses 2 level hierarchy

Product Category 1

Product 1

Product 2

Product Category 2

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

whereas in your sample you need to implement 3 levels (Country, State and City).

Just use the same technique. The main steps are as follows:

1. Create 3 template pieces (1 per level). See attached sample templates.
  2. Implement the following pseudocode:

Create an empty destination document.

For each Country

Clone CountryTemplate.doc and merge it with Country, then append to the destination document

For each State in Country

Clone StateTemplate.doc and merge it with State, then append to the destination document

Clone CityTemplate.doc and merge it with all Cities in State (as at this stage you can use mail merge with regions), then append to the destination document

Next

Next

I understand that this is a bit tricky approach but it's the best we have until nested regions are implemented.

Let me know if it helps.

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for suggestion - I will try it and let you know the outcome - it looks good though.

1. Do you have an estimated time of when nested regions will be implemented?

2. You guys have amazing support - keep it up!

Thanks!

Thank you. I believe nested regions will be supported in Q3-4 2007, though no promises by now.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 39) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(66)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan