.Words working for .docx but not for .doc

I am trying to convert a .doc to .pdf. When I try to create a new Document object it gives me a Unknown File Format error for .doc and some code works for .docx. What am I doing wrong?

Dim doc As New Document(“C:\test\Test Documents\TRAILER.doc”)

Dim doc As New Document(“C:\test\Test Documents\TRAILER.docx”)

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Word document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hi Jason,

Further to my previous post, if you are using Aspose.Pdf and Aspose.Words in your application you need to use the Aspose.Words.Document class to import the Word document.

Please use Aspose.Pdf.Document class to load the PDF document. Hope this helps you.

Please see attached document BOL#BDM248-06-06-2017-T21442-TRAILER.doc. I updated to the latest version 17.6 and tried it again this morning but it still gave me the same error.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing the document. The shared DOC file is not a valid MS Word document. MS Word also does not open it. Please use the correct Word document.

That’s funny I downloaded the document that I attached and it opened in MS Word 2010 no problem for me.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing the MS Word's version. MS Word 2016 does not open this document. Please check the attached image for detail. We are investigating this issue and will get back to you soon.

Hi Jason,

We have tested the scenario and noticed that MS Word 2007, 2010 and 2016 do not open the shared document. Please make sure that you are using the correct document. We have attached error screenshot of MS Word 2010 with this post for your kind reference.

That’s the thing. We have an application that produces these documents and it is hundreds a day. I am trying to use aspose to convert them to pdf so that they can be published on our site. I guess I will have to find another product to use. I guess that I have enabled the trust settings on my machine because the attached is what I get when I open it in 2010.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-15484 for investigation. We will inform you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.
jason.aycock:
I guess that I have enabled the trust settings on my machine because the attached is what I get when I open it in 2010.
Could you please share the trust setting that you are using here for testing? Thanks for your cooperation.

Here is what my file block settings look like. I had another member of my team who could not open it before change his settings to this and he was able to open the document.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for sharing the detail. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.