Workbook.copy() isn't copying Sparklines

Hi,
I think a found a bug in Workbook.copy(). It doesn’t seem to copy over the SparklineGroupCollection objects to the new sheets in the new book, returning a 0 when calling workbook.getWorksheets().get(0).getSparklineGroupCollection().getCount(), even though the sparklines should in that sheet (I checked the count in the original book’s Sheet 0, and they were there). Could this please be investigated and possibly fixed as soon as possible? Our project is currently trying to add Sparkline support, and we need the Workbook.copy() function to copy over all of the Sparkline metadata as well. Please let me know, thank you.

Hi,

This looks to be a limitation regarding copying Sparklines from one sheet to other. This might be a new feature (regarding Excel 2010) and we need to log it (into our Issue tracking system) to be supported. Please attach your sample template Excel file having the Sparklines in the sheet which you are copying from one sheet to other sheet. We will check it first and log a ticket (after confirming if it does not support copying Sparklines fine) for it.

Thank you.

Sure, here is my very basic sample sheet. I didn’t try to export it out to Excel after doing Workbook.copy(), I just checked that the metadata inside of the SparklineGroupCollection is empty.

Hi,

Thanks for the file.

I can notice the issue as you pointed out, it does not copy Sparklines in the output file that are shown in MS Excel 2010 of the template file. It might be a limitation and we need to enhance the feature of copy function of Workbook class.

Sample code:

Workbook tempWorkBook = new Workbook();
Workbook pSourceWorkBook = new Workbook(“SampleSparklines.xlsx”);

tempWorkBook.copy(pSourceWorkBook);
tempWorkBook.save(“outputSparklines.xlsx”);

I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40310. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Great. This is a high priority feature for us, so it would be great if we were able to do this as soon as possible due to our business deadlines. Thank you for logging it.

Hi,

I have asked the relevant developer to provide an eta for it. Once he evaluates it and gives any update or eta, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells
for Java v7.3.1.2

and let us know your feedback.

Yes, it looks like the Sparklines are being copied over now, thank you! Is this jar a pre-release jar with the fix in it, or an actual updated release jar? The reason that I’m asking is because I received another jar in a forum post 2 days ago, and they were both version 7.3.1.2, but this one has the fix and the other doesn’t.

Hi,

Please use the jar shared by Shakeel Faiz in his previous post in this thread. This is an updated fix for the issue, you may use this fix as an official version for your production usage.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41009) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40310) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.