Workbook copy's worksheet has locked cells when they should not be

Hi,

Problem: When I make a copy of my workbook template (application is running on an AIX machine), the cells on tab 3 of the template copy are locked when they should not be.

Note: On my WinXP box the copy is fine and the cells on tab 3 are not locked, but on the AIX box the cells on tab 3 are locked (no exceptions are thrown in the process).

Code used to do the copy:

public void openWorkBookCopy(String sourceFile) throws IOException
{
Workbook sourceWorkbook = new Workbook();
workbookCopy = new Workbook();
sourceWorkbook.open(sourceFile);
workbookCopy.copy(sourceWorkbook);
}

public void saveWorkBook(String fileName) throws IOException
{
if(workbookCopy != null)
workbookCopy.save(fileName);
}

AIX info:

JRE: Classic VM (build 1.4.2, J2RE 1.4.2 IBM AIX build ca142-20080122 (SR10) (JIT enabled: jitc))

Aspose Cells for Java used: Aspose.CellsV2.1.1.27

Attached in the template and the copy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for the details.

We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please try to download our latest version v2.1.2: http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.cells-for-java/entry221865.aspx

Kindly let us know if your issue is resolved or not.

Thank you.

Hi,

Well, yes it fixed the locking issue, thank you for that, but now the dropdown lists are not working correctly and there seems to be a focus issue as well.

(same environment as before, except now using Aspose.cells v2.1.2)

Thee 2 Issues now that I can identify are:

Issue 1: Drop down lists.

Notice in the source Template.xls, Tab 3, when you click that first column (and any cell in that column) a drop down appears (fully populated with titles).

In the attached copy that was made with Aspose.cells v2.1.2 for java, Tab3, col 0, the dropdown lists need to be double clicked or the cell adjacent needs to be double clicked or (some combination there of) for them to appear or not. Whatever I did, they are not functionally friendly even when they do show up.

Issue 2: Focus (See attached pic)

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us details with template files.

Well, I tested it works absolutely fine on Windows OS with Sun’s JDK. I think there might be some issues with IBM’s JDK you are using as we did find some issues (some of the IBM/Unix users reported a few issues). Anyways, we will further look into your mentioned issues and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

I am having a similar issue.

I copy a sheet from a template into a new sheet in a different workbook.

The sheet that I copied from has a chart on it. After I save the workbook with the copied sheet, the charts cellls are all locked. I do not want these cells locked. User should be able to adjust size of chart and format colors, etc.

The user can only manually unlock the cells by manually coping the columns from the chart into a new sheet, at that point the chart becomes unlocked.

Example:

using C#

1) I load a workbook from the file system (Workbook1)

2) I load another workbook from a stream (WorkBook 2 - generated by SSRS Web Service)

3) I update the Series data of a chart in SpreadSheetA, Workbook1

4) I copy SpreadsheetA to Workbook2

5) Save Workbook2 to file system

6) User Opens saved XLS file form disk

7) Chart in the copied sheet is locked

Hi,

Could you try our latest version v5.1.4:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry265124.aspx

If you still find the issue, kindly do create a sample console application, zip it and post it here with all the files, we will check your issue soon.

Thank you.