Workbook generated using Aspose.Cells 4.4.0.5 is corrupted when opened with Excel 2003 SP3

Hi. My customer just reported that a workbook generated with my application (that uses Aspose.Cells 4.4.0.5) is reported as corrupt when opened with Excel 2003 SP3. Excel prompts to repair the workbook, but then fails to repair correctly and so all formatting and all charts are completely lost. (The same behaviour is exhibited when a workbook is generated using Aspose.Cells 4.3.0.0). The same workbook is formatted correctly and not corrupted when opened with Excel 2003 SP2 and earlier.
Microsoft has obviously done something to tighten up formatting of workbook files in this latest service pack, which contains numerous security updates.

Error dialog boxes are attached.

When will you release a new version of Aspose.Cells.dll that is compatible with Excel 2003 SP3?
Do you have any suggestions for working around the problem in the meantime?

Thanks.

Hi,

Could you post your created file with such error?

Here is the file created using 4.4.0.5. However, the same problem occurs using 4.3.0.0.
Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the excel file.

We will check and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try this fix. If the problem still occures, please post the created file by the fix.

I think this problem is caused by Cells.DeleteRows() method.

Thankyou Warren, I tried this new build and it works.

Will there be an official Aspose.Cells.dll release sometime soon or shall I use this build 4.4.0.10 in my next release? I just don’t want to go through my entire release process if there is another DLL expected shortly.

Cheers.

Hi,

Well, you may use this DLL (fix) without any problem which will work fine for you. We will release our next official release soon.

Thank you.

This SP3 issue is going to affect everyone who has purchased any version of the Aspose.Excel and Aspose.Cells components. Are customers who purchased these in 2004, 2005, and up to mid-2006 gonna be required to buy completely new licenses to deal with this issue?