We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Workbook.save() multi-threaded time delays

Hello,

I’m planning to use aspose in a java EE application for generating excel workbooks.
When only one user is generating the excel workbook everything works like it should.
But when multiple people are calling the Workbook.save(OutputStream, int fileFormat) methode at the same moment, than there’s a big time delay for all the users. It feels like that the method cannot work multi-threaded between multiple users.
At the moment, I’m not using a template. But this should also be implemented in the future.

used version Aspose 7.7
release date 2013-13-17
I’m always creating a new Workbook for each new report.
Q1: Is this not possible or is there a problem with the implementation?
Q2:When there is a problem with the implementation. Can you think of a reason why this is happening.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells does not have any problem working in multi-threaded environment as long as all threads have their own separate workbook objects. Also, there is no known performance issue. Many users are using it successfully in their multi-threaded environment.

Please first download and try the latest version:

Aspose.Cells
for Java v8.6.2.6

and see if it makes any difference and resolves your issue.

If your issue still occurs, then please provide us your sample code and sample excel files so that we could investigate this issue at our end and log it in our database for a fix.