Working with Bookmarks and Tables

Hi there
We need this fix for .NET version as well. Any information on when that would be available.

@optimate,

Unfortunately, your question is not clear enough therefore we request you to please elaborate your inquiry further by mentioning complete details of your usecase. Also, please ZIP and attach your sample Word document(s) here for testing. This will help us to understand your scenario, and we will be in a better position to address your concerns accordingly.

Hello
We have seen the same issue in .NET as well. Issue related to having bookmarks in cells.
I suspect you should be able to reproduce the exact same scenario with the template already provided on this support request.
Would it be possible for you? or do we need to provide a complete new set of files for you? If so - should we then create a new support request?

@optimate,

I have already moved your query into a new thread; so, no need to create a new thread again. Yes, please provide your source document (along with your usecase details) in this thread for testing. Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi again.
Sorry for being a unclear in my original post.
I am trying to identify the parent of a bookmark. When working outside the header and footer of a document, I can’t find a way to identify if a bookmark is inside a cell (in a table) and in that case what column the bookmark is in.
Since I can’t find the handles in the Aspose API, it is impossible for me to provide you with an example :wink:

@optimate,

Please try using the following code:

Bookmark bm1 = doc.Range.Bookmarks["bm1"];
Cell cell = (Cell)bm1.BookmarkStart.GetAncestor(NodeType.Cell);
if (cell != null)
{
    Console.WriteLine("BookmarkStart is inside a Cell");
    Console.WriteLine("Row Index {0} and Cell Index: {1}", cell.ParentRow.ParentTable.IndexOf(cell.ParentRow),  cell.ParentRow.IndexOf(cell));
} 

Hope, this helps.

I will try it out. Will get back to you with an update.
Thank you very much for now

@optimate,

Sure, we will wait for your further input on this topic. Please let us know if you have any troubles and we will be glad to look into this further for you.