We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Working with some pptx files consumes huge amount of memory which could lead to OutOfMemory Exceptiion

Dear Aspose,

we have a problem with Aspose.Slides .NET library version 16.9.0.
If we tried simply to open attached presentation, it consumes about 400MB of memory. If we tried to save it as pdf, total memory consumption rises to 2GB.
The memory is never released so it causes resource exhaustion on the server.
It is enormous amount of memory and when we tried to work with this file multiple times (in sequence), the program causes OutOfMemoryException.

The code to replicate is simple:
using (var presentation = new Presentation(@“c:\Temp\badOne.pptx”)) {
presentation.Save(@“c:\Temp\badOne.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf);
}
Can you pls fix this problem. It seems that there is some kind of memory leak in the library.

Best regards,
Ondra
Hi Ondrej,

I have worked with the presentation file using Aspose.Slides for .NET 16.9.0 and have been able to reproduce the issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESNET-38004 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been associated with the ticket so that we may share the notification with you once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,
Hello,
please is it possible to reveal more detail about scheduled solution of ticket SLIDESNET-38004. Thanks to this issue we are still facing problems in our SW product.

More details will be more than welcome.

Best regards

Petr Hirš
Engineering Manager
Y Soft Corporation

Hi Ondrej,

I have observed your comments and regret to share that at present the issue is still unresolved. Actually, the issue is blocked owing to missing implementation in another issue of Aspose.Slides for .NET. So, it is going to get resolved in that issue first and then in this issue. The issue involves complex implementation and I have also requested our product team to share further feedback regarding the issue. I request for your patience till the time further feedback is shared by our product team and issue gets resolved.

Hi Muhammad,

for now as the first step we need fix high memory consumption that is connected to this feature.

Is it possible to separate this “stability” fix from implementing whole functionality in Aspose.Slides?

Our goal is product stability. This kind of effort will be really huge help for us.

Thank you.

Petr

Hi Ondrej,

Can you please try to use the x64 based assembly of Aspose.Slides that provides additional memory space for program holding presentation. This way you would not be getting Out of Memory exceptions.

Best Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

can you describe detailed steps how to do this please.

But I think that this will not help in any way … our problem is that customer tried to convert few similar files to this and it finally consumed all the memory on the server and crashed anyway. Meanwhile, other applications has also lack of the memory because of this problem.

High consumption is one problem, but even more important is that the memory is never released after file is converted.

Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

I have observed your comments We will share any new update with you soon.

Hi Muhammad,

do you have any update for this issue?

Thank you.

P.

Hi Ondrej,

I have observed your comments. I like to share that this issue is partially resolved. Our product team will investigate issue in details in this week.

Best Regards,

Hi Ahmad,

could you please clarify what do you mean by “partially resolved” we did not find any new release of library which solves our problem?

We are really happy that your team will investigated our issue.
We believe that it will be fully solved soon.
Thanks for keeping us informed.

Best regards,
Ondra

Hi Ondrej,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that issue is not resolved officially. We will share notification with you once issue will be fixed.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Any luck?
I’m experiencing the same issue with Aspose.Slides for Java.
It is a critical issue for me.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Lee

Edit:
I attached a pptx file which causes problem. Please look into it.

Hi Ondrej,

Our product team is investigated issue on their end. I like to inform that Aspose.Slides product team double checked on latest version of Aspose.Slides handling your presentation and we confirm that there’s no memory leak on loading or saving. All created objects are collected by GC as soon as the presentation is out of scope.
At the moment we’re still working on the performance and memory consumption improvements for presentations with large amount of data. We’ll inform you when these improvements are officially released.

Best Regards,

Hi Aspose team,

it is more than one month a we are still facing to this issue in production code. More than month a still no have any solution for that.

Please tell me if exist some way how to prioritize this issue?

Is it the only way how to prioritize this solution to pay for priority support?

Thank you for reply.

<span lang=“EN-US” style=“font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:“Tahoma”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
color:navy;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:CS;mso-bidi-language:
AR-SA;mso-no-proof:yes”>Petr Hirš
<span lang=“EN-US” style=“font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:“Tahoma”,sans-serif;mso-fareast-font-family:“Times New Roman”;
color:navy;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:CS;mso-bidi-language:
AR-SA;mso-no-proof:yes”>

Engineering Manager

SafeQ Development Praha

Hi Petr,

I have observed your comments and can understand the sense of urgency on your end. Actually, the shared issue is complex and is internally blocked owing to other issues. You can avail the paid priority support for your self to expedite the issue resolution process. For further details, please visit this link for your kind reference. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38004) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.