Working with word doc

hi,

I am trying to use this tool to create word documents with charts in it. I am trying to create a 3d chart and I am not able to see the 3d chart. I see it as plain 2d chart. Could you please tell me how I can achieve this.

Thanks, sanchi

Hi Sanchi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not provide API to create OOXML charts/diagrams from scratch and update them with new values.

The rendering support of 3D charts is also not supported at the moment. E.g 3D bar charts would be transformed into 2D graphics while rendering. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Your request has been linked to the appropriate issues in our issue tracking system and you will be notified via this forum thread as soon as these features are supported. Please read the following article for your kind reference.

It would be great if you please share some more information about your query. What exact you want to achieve by using Aspose.Words?

Hi,

We are trying to give a report to our client with pie charts and are exploring our option.

If not 3D, then can we create the below image using aspose word and save as a word doc?

Thanks you for your respose.

Hi Sanchi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
skabbina:
If not 3D, then can we create the below image using aspose word and save as a word doc?
Please note that Aspose.Words tries to mimic the same behavior as MS Word do. You can not create image by using Aspose.Words. However, you can use Aspose.Cells to create 3D Pie charts and convert the charts to image. Once you have image of chart, you can insert that image to Word document by using Aspose.Words as shown in following code snippet. Please check the Chart Demos of Aspose.Cells for your kind reference.

Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not provide API to create OOXML charts/diagrams from scratch and update them with new values.

I am moving this thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Cells team will guide you more about the creation of 3D charts.

<span style=“font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:“Courier New”;color:green;mso-no-proof:yes”>//Instantiating
a Workbook object<o:p></o:p>

Aspose.Cells.Workbook workbook = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook();

//Adding a new worksheet to the Excel object

int sheetIndex = workbook.Worksheets.Add();

//Obtaining the reference of the newly added worksheet by

//passing its sheet index

Aspose.Cells.Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[sheetIndex];

//Adding a sample value to "A1" cell

worksheet.Cells["A1"].PutValue(50);

//Adding a sample value to "A2" cell

worksheet.Cells["A2"].PutValue(100);

//Adding a sample value to "A3" cell

worksheet.Cells["A3"].PutValue(150);

//Adding a sample value to "B1" cell

worksheet.Cells["B1"].PutValue(4);

//Adding a sample value to "B2" cell

worksheet.Cells["B2"].PutValue(20);

//Adding a sample value to "B3" cell

worksheet.Cells["B3"].PutValue(50);

//Adding a chart to the worksheet

int chartIndex = worksheet.Charts.Add(Aspose.Cells.Charts.ChartType.Pie3D, 5, 0, 15, 5);

//Accessing the instance of the newly added chart

Aspose.Cells.Charts.Chart chart = worksheet.Charts[chartIndex];

//Adding Series Collection (chart data source) to the chart ranging from "A1" cell to "B3"

chart.NSeries.Add("A1:B3", true);

//Converting chart to image.

chart.ToImage(MyDir + "Chart.Jpeg", System.Drawing.Imaging.ImageFormat.Jpeg);

Document doc = new Document();

DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);

builder.InsertImage(MyDir + "Chart.Jpeg");

doc.Save(MyDir + "AsposeOut.docx");

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7113) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(3)

Hi,

Could you please provide me with an example on how to create a 3d chart using the latest aspose word?

I did try with the 13.3 build but not able to.

Thanks for your help

Sanchi

Hi Sanchi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the requested feature is not available in Aspose.Words at the moment. The feature ID is WORDSNET-4617.

The notification sent in this thread is for WORDSNET-7113 (Support rendering of 3D Charts).

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4617) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(27)