Works with Adobe Designer 7.0?

I read most of the posts on Adobe Designer 7.0. Is my understanding of this correct?

If you create a form with Adobe Designer 7.0, then fill the form out with Aspose, you cannot see the fields if you view it in Adobe 7.0. However, if you create the form in Adobe Designer 6.0, there are no issues.

Thanks

Dear ddowney1,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Pdf.Kit.

I am afraid that you misunderstood our product. Kit can also handle documents from Adobe Designer 7.0. The available functions include:
- field filling / Image Button field filling
- form data importing/exporting
- field flattening
- Set Field Attributes/Flags
- Set Submit Url

Exclude these functions:
- field decorating
- adding/removing fields
- copying/ moving fields

Best regards.

Hi Tommy,

This is worth of an article in the Documentation to clarify everything so customers do not need to guess it.

Ok maybe I am doing something wrong then. I read the help manual and it says to use

form.FillField("form1[0].#subform[0].TextField[0]", "fieldValue")

Here is my code

Dim form As New Form(Server.MapPath(".") & "\Test.pdf", Server.MapPath(".") & "\output.pdf")

form.FillField("form1[0].subform1[0].TextField1[0]", "Test")

For i As Integer = 0 To form.FieldsNames.Length - 1

Response.Write(form.FieldsNames(i) & "-" & form.GetField(form.FieldsNames(i)) & "
")

Next

form.Save()

The text field is getting filled (says it's test in my loop) but it's not saving. I have verified the form1[0].subform1[0].Textfield1[0] is correct by changing the extension on the pdf to txt.

Any help would be appreiciated for we are interesting in buying this product.

Thanks

Dear ddownney1,

As I listed above, Form.FillField() support PDF document from Adobe Designer 7/8. However, from Kit 3.0.0.0 we changed the mode of setting watermark. In the new mode, Form.FillField() only works with valid license. For your case, please flatten the text field before form.Save() by invoking form.FlattenAllFields() to see the effect. Or you can download earlier 2.9.x version for evaluation. This problem will be improved in the next version.

Sorry for the inconvenience & Best regards.

FYI, in Kit you can just use the short name to operate Xfa Form Field (i.e., fields in PDF created by Adobe Designer 7.0/8.0). Kit transforms it to the full field name automatically when no conflicting occurs. For your example,please try:
form.FillField("TextField", "fieldValue")
instead of:
form.FillField("form1[0].#subform[0].TextField[0]", "fieldValue")

Dear customer,

I am glad to inform you that this problem has been solved. It will be included in the next version, which is expected to be released before the end of the month. Now Form.FillField() works fine for Adobe 7/8, whether having license or not.

Please feel free to put forward whatever problems you meet :)

Best regards.

Just to be clear, which version are you referring to ?

lukeyoyo:

Dear customer,

I am glad to inform you that this problem has been solved. It will be included in the next version, which is expected to be released before the end of the month. Now Form.FillField() works fine for Adobe 7/8, whether having license or not.

Please feel free to put forward whatever problems you meet :)

Best regards.

Dear steveculshaw,

Please download Aspose.Pdf.Kit 3.1.0.0 C # version for trial. And this problem does not existed for Java version.

Best regards.

Thanks Luke