We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Write HTML contains to EXCEL file using ASPOSE.cells

Hi,
As we know that we can open html files in excel, so can you guys please tell me that how can I write html contains to a workbook object so that i can save it as .xlsx file?

Thanks & Regards,
KapilJ

Hi,

I am afraid, this feature [reading HTML file with Aspose.Cells] is not supported yet. Right now, with this API you can read/write any Excel related files [XLS, XLSX, ODS…] Moreover, you can also export the workbook/worksheets to images, PDF and HTML.

Is there possibility that this feature will be supported by you?
I went through your old mails of some time 2009 the same problem is there also.

Thanks & Regards,
KapilJ

Hi,

If you are using a Java version, I think reading html files is supported. But the html file should be saved by ms excel or with the same format. For a common web html file, I am afraid we do not support to read it.

Will you please tell me how can I achieve this? Is anything special needs to be declared in HTML file to know it should work with excel?

Thanks & Regards,
KapilJ

Hi KapilJ,

You can try this method [as shared by my colleague] by saving any XLS spreadsheet to HTM format using MS Office Excel [I tried with Excel 2010]. You can read this HTM file with below code and can manipulate it before saving it to XLS format.

JAVA
Workbook wb = new Workbook();
wb.open(“C:\temp\book2.htm”);
wb.getWorksheets().getSheet(0).getCells().getCell(“A1”).setValue(“this is another test”);
//If you do not use the second parameter in below save method then the generated file will have HTM extension.
wb.save(“c:\temp\out_test2.xls”, FileFormatType.EXCEL97TO2003);

Attached are the sample input and output files.