Writing Large XLS or XLSX files

i need a way to write large xls or xlsx files (2GB) without using too much memory. Just need to write data sequencially to stream. Can aspose cells do this. IF so how much memory would it need to write a 2GB xls, assuming i read it using a CSV file or resultset.

Hi,

I am afraid, if you are going to create a huge file (of approx. 2GB size), you would require lots of memory for the big big process. It is not fixed, it might depend of the data/contents or other objects you use in the file. In normal mode, you might require 10 times or more memory of the size of the file. In LightCells mode, you would require much less memory but surely, the process still demands certain amount of memory.

We suggest you to kindly use LightCells APIs which might be helpful for your needs, see the topic:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/cellsjava/Using+LightCells+API
(Note: the topic is written using JAVA version of the product, if you need to use it in .NET, you may use the similar APIs of Aspose.Cells for .NET accordingly)

Moreover, we still think you should split your data or contents to create multiple files instead of filling one very large file, this would be efficient approach to cope with out of memory issues accurately, instead of upgrading your system or extending more RAM etc.

Thank you.