Wrong library is used when working with Aspose nugets

Hi,

We’re using the aspose nugets in our web project. (.net 4.0 web project)
As stated on this page we are using the wrong library. (.net 3.5 client profile instead of the .net 2.0 library)

How can we use the aspose nugets (they are very convenient…) and let nuget choose the correct library?

We’re also having this issue on the aspose.cells nuget.

Sincerely,
Freddy

Hi Freddy,

I would like to address your issue/ requirements from Aspose.Cells perspective.

Well, we ship two DLLs of Aspose.Cells component present in “net20” and “net40-client” sub-folders under the “lib” folder when we package Aspose.Cells to NuGet repository. When you install the package using Package Manager Console in VS.NET (e.g. 2010) in your .NET project, by default, Aspose.Cells.dll in “net40-client” (which is client profile .NET framework compiled version) is referenced to your project type (e.g. WinForms, Web Forms, Console App etc.). I think you may easily remove the existing Aspose.Cells.dll file in References node (Solution Explorer) and then re-add reference to Aspose.Cells.dll file in correct folder i.e. “lib\net20” for your needs in VS.NET IDE.

And, we will check if we could also package .NET framework 3.5 compiled version of Aspose.Cells.Dll file to nuget repository for your needs (probably in the next release of the product e.g v8.0.1).

Thank you.

Hi Freddy,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like to address your issue/requirements from Aspose.Words perspective.

We ship two DLLs of Aspose.Words component present in “net2.0” and “net3.5-client” sub-folders under the “lib” folder when we package Aspose.Words to nuget repository. When you install the package using Package Manager Console in VS.NET (e.g. 2010) in your .NET project, by default, Aspose.Words.dll in “net2.0” (which includes the Save overload accepting an HttpResponse object) is referenced to your project type (e.g WinForms, Web Forms, Console App etc.). Also, as mentioned by Amjad, you can easily add reference to new DLL in VS.NET.

Best regards,