Font is improperly rendered in generated thumbnail (C# .NET)

Hi, Aspose. I have a problem with one presentation on one environment. The machine is running under Windows Server 2012 R2 Standart. And Aspose is producing wrong slide thumbnails on slides with this font “Helvetica Neue”. Aspose Slides on my local machine with windows 10 is working fine with the same fonts. I replaced fonts on the remote machine but it doesn’t help. What else can i do to resolve this issue? Please advise. Adding the sample project with results, you can find it here

@obrusentsov,

I have worked with the sample file shared by you. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-41167 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. We will share good news with you soon.

I think i resolved this issue. I just added local fonts to embedded fonts and everything works fine.

@obrusentsov,

Its good to know things working on your end. Can you please confirm if we can close this issue.

As far as it will be tested i will confirm that this solution works

But there is another issue with thumbnails. I’m trying to make a thumbnail of a shape, but the created thumbnail comes with 1 pixel transparent border. This is the sample presentation with only one shape in layouts. This is the thumbnail made by Powerpoint, and this was made by Aspose. The last one has a transparent halo around it.

@obrusentsov,

Can you please share generated result along with source file so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hi, i think i found a solution: if you’re making a thumbnail and saving it using the format, that supports transparency, then the shape will have a halo around it. But if you use the format like jpeg, that don’t support transparency, the thumbnail will be OK. In my previous answer i provided links to a source file, and the results. But i can send them again if you need.

@obrusentsov,

It’s good to know that things are fine and working on your end.

Eh, they are not working properly, so i have to implement a workaround.

@obrusentsov,

I like to inform that the associated issue is unresolved. We will share the good news with you as soon as the issue will be fixed and request for your patience.

Hi there. Still cannot fix this issue with fonts from my first post. The issue is that environment contains broken font that is not rendering properly, and when i’m trying to use FontsLoader.LoadExternalFonts(CorrectFonts[]) Aspose anyway uses the system fonts instead of using the loaded ones. Could you advise is there a way to make Aspose use only downloaded fonts instead of system fonts?

@obrusentsov,

Can you please visit this documentation link and share feedback with us if there is still an issue.

@obrusentsov,

I like to inform that we have a number of options to adjust desired images quality in generated PDF. Using them the PDF size can be decreased:

using (Presentation pres = new Presentation(“pres.pptx”))
{
pres.Save(“pres.pdf”, SaveFormat.Pdf, new PdfOptions
{
BestImagesCompressionRatio = true,
SufficientResolution = 64,
JpegQuality = 95
});
}