Xaml format slide export?

we do a fair bit here with the previews generated by aspose.slides of a slide.

currently we export to an image format (png, jpeg etc.) and the question has come up about using svg instead. It appears that while svg is open source, it is somewhat limited in it's ability to be rendered and has vendor support concerns.

Is there any idea or a plan for possible support of an export to xaml option? This way we could leverage the vector graphics option already supported by aspose.slides.

I've done some small research and the conversion from svg to xaml (action scripts and the like excluded) is relatively small, but no real vendor appears to support it.

Any information would be helpful, I certainly want to avoid trying to roll my own...

Thanks for your time.

Phil

Dear Phil,

The new feature implementation depends upon the number of users who need it and the time required for it and probably other factors. Anyway, I have requested the technical team lead to respond to your request.

I know this thread is over 2 years old, but was this feature ever implemented? I have already requested that Apose.Slides to Silverlight export be implemented, but this might work as a short term workaround until the full Silverlight export has been implemented.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Dan

Dear Dan,

We really appreciate your patience.

I have discussed the status of implementation of Xaml export in Aspose.Slides with our development team. I am really pleased to share with you that the first version of Xaml export will be made available hopefully by mid of May.

Thanks and Regards,

Dear Dan,

I would like to share with you that our development team is still working on Xaml export in Aspose.Slides. I regret to inform that due to some technical problems the solution has been delayed. As soon as the feature is available, I will be really obliged to share the information with you.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hello
I wonder, had the XAML export feature been implemented finally?

Hi Sergei,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I am greatly sorry for the inconvenience as we have not been able to provide the requested support so far in Aspose.Slides. Actually, we have been focusing on providing support for chart creation, SmartArt rendering and PPT to PPTX inter-conversion. I have created an issue with ID 30675 in our issue tracking system to work on the implementation of desired feature. I will share the further information with you once it is shared by our development team.

As a work around you may please try exporting slides to SVG and then use XamlTune to generate the xaml files for the slides. Hopefully, this may serve the purpose for you.

Thanks and Regards,

Thanks, Mudassir.

Do you have some samples/demos for illustrating of export to SVG?

Hi Sergei,

Please use the code snippet given below to export presentation slide to SVG. Please also visit this documentation link for further reference to SVG.

Presentation pres = new Presentation(“Test.ppt”);
for( int i=0; i<pres.Slides.Count;i++)
{
pres.GetSlideByPosition(i).SaveToSVG(“D:\Test_”+i+“.svg”);
}

Thanks and Regards,

I was about to try the sample but it’s turned out that Aspose.Slides doesn’t support pptx-files. Is that true?? I can’t believe. Do you have any plans for implementing pptx support?

Hi Sergei,

Aspose.Slides supports PPTX presentation as well. You need to import namespace, "Aspose.Slides.Pptx" to access the presentation. Please visit this documentation section for PPTX presentations. Please share if I may provide you any further help in this regard. I also like to share that support for PPTX slide to SVG is not avaialble at the moment and an issue with ID 125287 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide this feature. We will share with you once the feature is available.

Thanks and Reagards,

Hi Mudassir.
Ok, thanks for info. I’m looking forward for pptx-to-svg implementation. Is the svg-export feature going to support animations?

Hi Sergei,

I regret to share that unfortunately at the moment the support for exporting animations in SVG or other image formats is unavailable in Aspose.Slides. If the feature is implemented, it is highly likely that it will not support animations while exporting.

Thanks and Regards,

It’s a pity. As I need some way to stream pptx content (with animations indeed) to web clients…

Hi Sergei,

I like to state that there are complexities involved in exporting animations inside a SVG file. However, I have still requested our development team to share whether it is possible to export animations inside along side in exported SVG image of slide.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Sergei,

I like to share the that support for generating slide SVG image in PPTX has been added in Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.3.0. Please visit this documentation link for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-12528) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-30675) have been fixed in this update.