XFA form conversion - fields are only partially visible

Hi,
after converting XFA form, some fields are barely visible. This is reproducible using latest aspose-pdf 18.5

I am using this code to convert the forms:
public static void main(String[] args) {

setAsposeLicense();

try (FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream("e://temp//c2908V1_re_1396296694437_eng_filled.pdf");
			FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream("e://temp//c2908V1_re_1396296694437_eng_filled_converted.pdf");) {
		Document document = new Document(fis);
		document.getForm().setType(FormType.Standard);
		document.flatten();
		document.save(fos, com.aspose.pdf.SaveFormat.Pdf);
	} catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	} catch (IOException e) {
		e.printStackTrace();
	} finally {
	}
}

I am attaching source form, filled form, converted filled form form_fields_only_partially_visible.png (20.1 KB)
c2908V1_re_1396296694437_eng.pdf (210.0 KB)
c2908V1_re_1396296694437_eng_filled.pdf (221.7 KB)
c2908V1_re_1396296694437_eng_filled_converted.pdf (1.6 MB)

@konopka

Thank you for contacting support.

We would like to share with you that source PDF file includes Static XFA form and your code snippet is changing it to FormType.Standard which results into the problem you are currently facing. Please try using Aspose.PDF for Java 18.6 and comment out below line of code in your snippet and then share your kind feedback with us:

document.getForm().setType(FormType.Standard);

We have attached generated file for your kind reference eng_filled_converted.pdf. Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Hi,
I cannot comment out the line you suggested. We need to convert the form into regular pdf, because we need it to display on the web UI. There is zero web pdf viewers capable of viewing XFA forms, at least to my current knowledge.

Without that line all the user sees is:
image.png (31.6 KB)

and that is not acceptable for us.

Thanks

@konopka

Thank you for elaborating it further.

Can you please share the Permissions password to Edit attached PDF file c2908V1_re_1396296694437_eng_filled.pdf so that we may investigate how Adobe converts this XFA form to a Standard form and accordingly proceed further to help you out.

Unfortunately I do not have password for that. I know the file is from here: Find a form - Canadian Food Inspection Agency
and I don’t have any other permissions to those files.

@konopka

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFNET-45008 in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi @Farhan.Raza, is there any update on the PDFNET-45008? Any ETA would be much helpful for our release planning.

@yachan

Thank you for getting back to us.

The ticket PDFNET-45008 is still pending for investigations owing to previously logged tickets. It will be scheduled on is due turn. We have recorded your request for ETA and will let you know about it as soon as the ticket will be investigated. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.

However, we also offer Paid Support, where issues are used to be investigated with higher priority. Our customers, who have paid support subscription, report their issue there which are meant to be investigated urgently. In case your reported issue is a blocker, you may please consider subscribing for Paid Support. For further information, please visit Paid Support FAQs.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-45008) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 20.6.