XLSB with complex pivottable files?

Hi,

I'm trying to switch our report rendering to the XLSB format but it seems to break the file (Excel warns about an issue and deletes on of the crosstab).

Saving to XLS works fine. If I just load this file with Aspose and then save to XLSB it breaks.

Is there things I need to check about the crosstabs. Meanwhile I'm trying to obsfucate some data before posting a possible repro. TIA.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

Please provide us your simple sample runnable console project replicating your issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.4.1

Please also provide the source files used to look into this issue.

We will investigate your issue and help you asap.

So attached the input file that seems to work fine in Excel (it was created using Reporting Services and upated with Aspose.Cells than saved as Excel97-2003 file)

Now if I change the outoput format to XLSB it doesn't work. Or if I keep the XLS version and use just :

Dim wbk As New Workbook("c:\temp\in.xls")
wbk.Save("c:\temp\out.xlsb", SaveFormat.Xlsb)
Process.Start("c:\temp\out.xlsb")

Then Excel 2010 complains about the file format and deletes one of the crosstab...

We have a dozen or so of other reports and to date, this is the lony one for which we have this issue. Others seems to be saved fine to XLSB (even some with pivottables).

Thansk in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to replicate this issue using the latest version. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into this issue and fix it.

Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41449.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We could not support saving pivot table to xlsb file,we will support it later.

@Pat17,

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@Pat17,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.6.1 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells19.6.1 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (4.9 MB)
Aspose.Cells19.6.1 For .Net4.0.Zip (4.9 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41449) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v19.7. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by Amjad_Sahi