Xlsm recalculate performance issue

Hi,

One of our client just raised a performance issue with a specific file. After investigation, we find that the most time consuming part is "Calculate the workbook".

It is a complex workbook but once opened in microsoft excel, it only takes a few seconds on my machine. However, with Aspose calculate, it takes about 3-4mins.

My questions are:

1) Is it possible to inhance the performance for this workbook (Attached in the zip)?

2) Is there anything we can do at our end to make the calculation faster?

Regards

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for your reporting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

I have tested your issue with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.6
it is taking sometime.

We have logged this issue for investigation. Development team will look into it and once, it is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40567.

Hi,

Well, It also takes more time to open the template file into MS Excel. Anyways, we can see the issue by our component and we need to evaluate your workbook thoroughly to check the issue.

I even tried the following code to optimize the formula calculations but still it takes more time:

Sample code:

var workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\TestTemplate-v3.xlsm");
workbook.Settings.CreateCalcChain = false; //Use this settings if you will call Workbook.CalculateFormula only once.
workbook.CalculateFormula();
workbook.Save("e:\\test2\\outTestTemplate-v3.xlsm", SaveFormat.Xlsm);

As my fellow colleague has already logged the ticket "CELLSNET-40567", we will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Thanks guys for the response! I understand this is a very hard part and hope you guys could fix it soon.

Regards

Bill

Hi,

Please download and try latest version:

Aspose.Cells for .NET 7.2.0

Hi,

I just tested on my local machine and the result looks really promising! 6 seconds!

Great works guys. Thanks again for your great support!

Regards

Bill

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

It is good to know your issue is now resolved. We have closed this ticket.

If you face any other problem or you get some question, please feel free to post, we will help you asap.