XLSM Ribbons Lost

Just opening a xlsm with a ribbon and saving as a new file is losing the ribbon.

In some cases the entire ribbon tab is missing, in other cases images are missing.

Attached is a sample xlsm. It creates a ribbon entitled “Testing”. The ribbon has one button “Testing” with an image. Open the file with Aspose.Cells and save it out.

Upon re-opening the new file, you will notice the icon is gone.
Like I mentioned, sometimes the entire ribbon tab disappears.

I am testing with version 8.1.0.0
We purchased an earlier version (7.2.1.0) and I am evaluating if we should upgrade.

Thanks,
Dean

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. Upon opening and re-saving your XLSM file will loose button’s image of the Testing tab/ ribbon in MS Excel.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook wb = new Workbook(“e:\test2\test.xlsm”);
wb.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsm”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-42716” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.0.2 and let us know your feedback.

I’m still not getting a ribbon tab.

See attached xlsm and “Testing” ribbon tab.

Opening the workbook w/ Aspose.cells then re-saving removes the existing ribbon, and associated resources.

Before :

photo 20d54da3-ba8c-4082-b290-de929451d3e3.png

After:

photo d681af81-1251-409e-ac8d-d61d0332021c.png

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

I have tested your issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.0.2 and it generated correct xlsm file with correct ribbon. I have attached the output xlsm file generated by the following code for your reference.

Please make sure, you have updated the reference to new dll correctly. You can check your version of Aspose.Cells dll by executing this line

Debug.WriteLine(CellsHelper.GetVersion());

It should print.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\test.xlsm”;

Debug.WriteLine(CellsHelper.GetVersion());

Workbook wb = new Workbook(filePath);

wb.Save(filePath + “.out.xlsm”);

string path = @"C:\$Wip\Target.xlsm";
Workbook targetWorkbook = new Workbook(path);
targetWorkbook.Save(path + "out.xlsm");
System.Diagnostics.Debug.Print(CellsHelper.GetVersion());

8.1.0.2 is the version returned.
But template doesn't have a ribbon. See attached.

Did you try with the last template I attached (target.xlsm)?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

I was able to replicate this issue with your Target.xlsm file. The issue is fixed with Test.xlsm file but it still replicates with Target.xlsm file. I have now reopened this issue and logged your comments.

Please spare us some time. Once, this issue is fixed or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please download and try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.0.3

We have fixed your issue.

Let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi,

It works for xlsm, but not for xlam file formats.
See attached zipped Target.xlam.

After opening it using aspose.cells then resaving it, I can no longer open the file.

I get the error :
Excel cannot open the file ‘Target.xlam’ because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file.

Thanks,
Dean

Hi Dean,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We were able to observe this issue. Xlam file does not open in MS-Excel after opening and resaving it with Aspose.Cells.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42779.

C#

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“Target.xlam”);

workbook.Save(“out.xlam”);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-42779;CELLSNET-42716) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.