XLSX and PDF differences

I’ve provided 3 documents in attachment 3 documents.
The original XLSX document.
The PDF generated by ASPose-Cells.
The PDF generated by Excel.

There are several font and positions differences but that’s not a big matter.

1) The main concern is the comments page that is added at the end of the document which is vertically cut when generated via ASPose-Cells.

2) An other problem (maybe just a missing setting in ASPose). The excel language is the one of the OS (here French) whereas when using ASPose-Cells, English is used. It can be seen on the last page where Excel generation displays ‘Commentaire’ where ASPose has put ‘Comment’.

3) Subsidiary question : how to tell ASPose-Cells to use L1C1 formatting for those comments positions ?

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and output PDF files.

After an initial, I am able to reproduce issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF via Aspose.Cells APIs. I found that comments (at the end) are vertically cut when generated PDF via Aspose.Cells APIs, I can notice the issue on the third page. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-42208” for your issue. We will look into it to figure it out soon.

2) Aspose.Cells follows (us- english) standards when rendering spreadsheet contents to PDF.

Thank you.

Hi,

"An other problem (maybe just a missing setting in ASPose). The excel language is the one of the OS (here French) whereas when using ASPose-Cells, English is used. It can be seen on the last page where Excel generation displays ‘Commentaire’ where ASPose has put ‘Comment’. "

We now use english name, i.e., : “Comment”. We can add an API like: GetCommentName() in our GlobalizationSettings Class, so you can return “Commentaire” to us by override it. If it suits your needs, we can add it. Please confirm.

3) Subsidiary question : how to tell ASPose-Cells to use L1C1 formatting for those comments positions ?

Do you mean R1C1 formatting? e.g. Cell name “A1” to “R1C1”, “A2” to “R2C1”. If so, we can add an option in PdfSaveOptions for it.

Thank you.
  1. I can do with English version, it’s not a problem.
    3) L1C1 is the ‘French’ naming of R1C1 in Excel (Ligne/Colonne). I have no formal need for it either.

Only point 1 is a real problem on our customers end.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us further details.

We have fixed your issue (logged earlier as “CELLSJAVA-42208”) now. We will soon share the Download link for the new version/fix here.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-42208) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for Java 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Tested, it works.

Thanks !

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest version. Let us know if you encounter any other issue, we will be glad to look into it and help you further.