XLSX Document size increases with every save

Hi Aspose team,

over I reported one other problem but now I have issue that with every document save file size is increasing in range of around 900kb no matter are there any changes or not. Save is simply adding KB.

Test project is attached.

I was thinking that this is because in your project there is no license so new worksheet is added every time but this is happening also when license is present and there is no new worksheet.

Can you please check?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project and details.

After an initial test while using your sample project, I was able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code with your template file, it always increases the size of the file as you pointed out. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43892” for your issue. We will look into it soon.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“e:\test2\excel.xlsx”);

foreach (Worksheet worksheet in workbook.Worksheets)
{
foreach (Aspose.Cells.Drawing.OleObject ole in worksheet.OleObjects)
{
if (!ole.IsLink)
{
continue;
}

//Replace number if latest Milliseconds from OLE link (see Excel.xlxs)
string newName = ole.ObjectSourceFullName.Replace(“865”, DateTime.Now.Millisecond.ToString());
ole.ObjectSourceFullName = newName;
}
}//foreach

workbook.Save(“e:\test2\out1.xlsx”);

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSNET-43892 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43892) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.