XLSX generated's sorts doesn't work the same way

Hi,

We have found a difference between an excel file and one re-saved using Aspose.Cells. If the file being re-saved contains a sorted column, the sort retained in the generated file…However using {Sort & Filter} -> {Clear}, only clears the sort icon; the sort is actually still there when you use {Sort & Filter} -> {Custom Sort…}.

If cleared the original file using the same steps {Sort & Filter} -> {Clear}, the sort icon is removed and the "Custom Sort…"s list doesn’t have the previously sorted column.

I have attached a project, that can demonstrate this problem.

Steps to Reproduce:
  1. Run attached project the project.
  2. Select the attached file ‘TestFile.xlsx’ (Any excel file that contains a sorted table)
  3. The application will generate a file called "generated file.

I have also attached the original file (TestFile.xlsx) and the generated file (generated file.xlsx).

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the project and sample files.

I can notice the issue as you have mentioned by using your project with the template file. After simply opening and re-saving his template file, when I manually do the following things with the output file in MS Excel, I got the issue: e.g

1) I use {Sort & Filter} -> {Clear}, it only clears the sort icon; the sort is actually still there when I use {Sort & Filter} -> {Custom Sort…} as I can see in the dialog.
(Note: If I do the steps with the input file, the sort icon is removed and the “Custom Sort…” list doesn’t have the previously sorted column.)

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41594” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it or we have sorted your issue out, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41594) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.