XLSX to PDF time conversions poor

I’m currently using the Total package as a trial. I’m trying to convert
MS (doc,docx,xls,xls) to PDF, so i put together an application that
will stress test this feature. I’m
using C# with framework v4.

So in testing the conversion of MS file formats to PDF i have found that the conversion of XLSX is quite poor. a file of 158635 bytes is taking 14.171875 secs to convert, while similar files of xls are taking 1/2 sec to convert. Do you have known problems converting xlsx files?

tx

Hi,

Well, it (time of conversion) might depend on your XLSX file’s complexity, e.g. if you are rendering lots of charts, formattings or formulas in the Excel file, it may take time. Normally it takes very little time whether you are using XLS or XLSX. Anyways, unless we have your Excel file to evaluate your issue on our end, we cannot say anything final. Please attach your template Excel file here, we will check your issue soon.

Also, we recommend you to kindly use our latest version or fix. You may download and try our latest fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.1 if you are not already using it.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the file via email.

I can notice the issue regarding conversion (XLSX to PDF) time for your attached file (154 KB), the time to convert the 154KB to PDF is 5 seconds on my x64 based processor, this is still not very quick as you also find about 15 seconds to convert this small file to PDF.

We need to investigate your issue a bit. I have logged a ticket with an id "CELLSNET-41657" for your issue. Our concerned developer will look into it to figure it out soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hello Amjad , it’s been some time since this thread was started. Has there been any investigation in to the problem with xlsx file? My company wants to proceed with finalizing a vendor, and i can’t give the green light till i get my outstanding issues with your product answered.

Hi,

Could you try our latest version/ fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.1.0.2 if it makes any difference.

We have improved the Excel to PDF rendering and its performance over the years in the new versions.

Thank you.

Hi,

me-101:

… I am trying to justify to my company to buy your SITE OEM license. I would expect more proactive assistance. You confirmed in the thread that there was a problem. You also indicated that it would be followed up on. It wasn’t. So, If you need me to resend you the file, for you to verify that you guys did indeed fix the problem that would be great. I am not currently setup to re-do all my testing with your product.

“IGAM Files Corrupt Scan.xlsx” size of 158635 bytes took 14sec on my machine. You commented it took 5sec on yours… but there is nothing in the file, and larger files took far less.

Regards,

Thierry

Thanks for sending us new template file.

I have tested with your file “IGAM Files Corrupt Scan.xlsx” which may have some data connections, so it might be taking extra time when loading via Aspose.Cells and rendering to PDF file format. It still takes 5/6 seconds on my 64-bit pc with your newer file to do the conversion.

Anyways, I have logged your concerns and attached your new file against your issue id “CELLSNET-41657”. I have asked the relevant developer to investigate and look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused!

there are no data connections in that file… it is actually all text. no formulas… no nothing.

Hi,

Thanks for providing further details.

We will be evaluating your issue and working on it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.2.2

We have tested using your both files, both cost about 6s to PDF using v8.4.2.x on our env.(Win 8.1, 64-bit).
If you still find it costs about 15s, please share the generated PDF file(s) and provide us your environment details here, we will check it soon.

Thank you.