Free Support Forum - aspose.com

XML Template stopped working after upgrade

The following XML was working with .pdf v4.5.0.0. After upgrading to latest edition, the images no longer appear on the .pdf. Landscape, page size, and tag still are working. None of
the images are displaying anymore.

Have there been changes to XML tags, etc… ?

Thanks.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

eVestment Alliance (eA) collects information directly from investment management firms and other sources believed to be reliable. eA does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of the information provided and is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Performance results may be provided with additional disclosures available on eA systems and other important considerations such as fees may be applicable. Not for general distribution. Copyright 2009 – 2010 eVestment Alliance, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

In code, we replace the img path with a correct file path:

Dim img As Aspose.Pdf.Image = Nothing
Dim imglogo As Aspose.Pdf.Image = Nothing
Dim url As String = eA.Analytics.Presentation.Common.Utility.GetASPXSiteUrl(HttpContext.Current.Request)

For Each p As Paragraph In sec.Paragraphs
If p.GetType.Name = “Image” Then
img = CType(p, Aspose.Pdf.Image)
If img.ID = “firmlogo” Then
img.ImageInfo.File = EAUser.Firm.FirmLogo
imglogo = img
Else
img.ImageInfo.File = String.Concat(url, img.ImageInfo.File)
End If
img.Margin.Top = 0
img.Margin.Bottom = 0
End If
Next

Hi,

Thanks for using our products.

I have tested the scenario using the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 4.2.0 and I am able to notice the problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNET-16517 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction.

Please be patient and spare us little time. Your comprehension and understanding is greatly appreciated in this regard. We apologize for your inconvenience.

PS, I am afraid I am unable to understand which version you are using. In your original post you have specified that you are using v4.5.0 and I am afraid this version is not yet released. Can you please again check the product version information.

Sorry for confusion on product versions: we upgraded from v3.8.0.0 to v4.2.1.0. The issue we were trying to correct by upgrading was to fix the corrupt file issue with the .pdf export. Is there a version of the .pdf export we could try that corrects the corruption issue but has not introduced this issue with xml?

eA_Brian:
The issue we were trying to correct by upgrading was to fix the corrupt file issue with the .pdf export. Is there a version of the .pdf export we could try that corrects the corruption issue but has not introduced this issue with xml?

Hi,

Can you please share some details over this matter ?

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.

We have investigated this issue in details and have figured out that, the reason of this problem is that the source XML file is not correct. You have used relative positions for some entities (lImage, rImage, bText) and they are included into "bottomline" graph, but the graphs' height is only "5". This height is too small to contain images, text and line objects. Also the included entities with PositionType="ParagraphRelative" shouldn't have Top (or Left) values that is greater than container height (or Width). In this scenario, the child elements will be placed out of the container bounds.

More along, we also have noticed that a line in a graph object is having negative Y coordinates, which indicates that the line will be placed under the page bottom edge (it will be invisible).

Please find attached the correct XML file, the resultant PDF that I have generated and some screenshots that can explain the scenario. In case you still have any further query, please feel free to contact.
We apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 16517) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.