XPS Print

Does XPS print work on windows 2003?

I am printing MS Word documents from a Windows service using the XPS format. Works ok on my Windows 7 machine but fails on a Windows 2003 server (error: Unable to load DLL ‘XpsPrint.dll’: The specified module could not be found).

The information available on this forum suggests that XPS printing is only supported on a Windows 2008 server, Windows Vista or Windows 7 PCs. However, Microsoft seem to provide XPS print drivers as an optional part of .Net 3.0 and an integral part of .Net 3.5. The 2003 server in question has .Net 3.5 installed and has a ‘XPS Document Writer’ printer driver. Am I missing something here or is it a case that not all XPS implementations are created equal?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please follow up the link where my colleague described this issue in detail:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/xps-printing-from-windows-service/67143

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know.

I am unable to view the reply, when I click on the link I get an ‘Access Denied - You do not have permissions to perform the requested action.’ message

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. You were not able to view the link suggested by Imran because it was made private by the owner of the thread. Moreover, I think, you can not use XPS Print API in Windows 2003 because Windows 2003 simply doesn’t support this. However, that Xps Print API is available on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 and also on Windows Vista.

Best Regards,

I understand what you are saying but am just a bit confused because the initial response (referring to the inaccessible URL) would suggest that there may be some useful information. Would it be possible to reply with the content of the inaccessible page?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your inquiry. I checked that private forum thread which you were referring to and I think, in your case, there is no useful information in there. As that is a private thread, you can not reply to it either. Moreover, I think, you should contact Microsoft support, maybe they will be able to help to resolve this problem.

Best Regards,