XPS Printing issue in Windows 7

Alexey, We’ve been using your Aspose.Word component to generate XPS documents from MS Word for sometime now without issue. Most recently our corporation has been upgraded to Windows 7 and our users are now indicating that they are unable to print the documents generated by the component. The same documents are perfectly visible in Windows 7 and in Windows XP are able to be viewed and printed without issue. The problem exists in Windows 7 regardless of if the document is opened in IE8 or the XPS Viewer. This forum thread seems to indicate that a fix is in place in the latest version, but we are using .NET 3.5 v9.4.0.0 and still have the problem. I’ve attached the error we are receiving. Thanks, Aaron Ivener

This message was posted using Email2Forum by alexey.noskov.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I can successfully print XPS documents produced by Aspose.Words in Windows 7. Could you please attach your original Word document and XPS document here for testing? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi,
Attached are the files that Aaron and I have used for our simple test case.
-Lenny

Hi Aaron and Lenny,

Thank you for additional information. The problem occurs because you are still using an old version of Aspose.Words (9.0.0) to generate XPS document. Please try using the latest version.
Aaron mentioned that you already use the latest version, but you are not.
Best regards,

Hi Alexey,
Sorry about that, I had the previous version of the code base when I created my testcase. I updated and re-ran and we still have tha same issue. Attached is the resulting XPS doc using version 9.4.
Thanks
Lenny

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem with the attached XPS. I can successfully print the attached XPS document in Windows 7.
Best regards.

Alexey,
We had several issues, but believe we now have a solution. First the problem was Aspose fix in latest version which is now working for us. Second we had a printer driver issue on Lenny’s machine which is why he was getting an error even with the latest version. Latestly we are actually merging a XAML generated XPS document with an Aspose Word generated document. Apparently the merge code we originally wrote isn’t completely compatible with the Windows 7 XPS Viewer. We are correcting this code and that should address all our problems.
Thanks for your help,
Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for additional information. Please feel free to ask if you need more assistance, I will be glad to help you.
Best regards,