XPS to PDF: non-tiled image is tiled in the PDF file

I’ve encountered a bug while converting some XPS documents to PDF, where an image ends up being tiled (actually only the top-left part of the image is taken and repeated, the scale of that part seems to be correct).

See the attached XPS and the resulting PDF. The background image shows a river and some mountains, but the PDF only shows a blue background, since the top-left part of the image only contains blue. Note that the smaller image, a hand-drawn face, does show up correctly. The small image comes from a .png file, the background from a .jpg file, perhaps that’s related (the other images that I’ve had this problem with also came from .jpg files).

Hi Pieter,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template and resultant file.

I am able to generate your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33682. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against your issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

What’s the status on this bug? Can you give us an estimate on when a fix will be available?

Hi Pieter,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am afraid, at the moment your reported issue is not fixed. However, I have asked the development team to share an ETA regarding your reported issue and I will update you with the ETA as soon as I get a response from their side.

I have received the feedback from our development team and your reported issue is scheduled to be fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.2 release (expected in July 2012). We will update you once the issue gets fixed and new version is available for download.

Thanks for the estimate. I’m looking forward to the new release.

I did some more testing, hoping to find a workaround. Png images are also tiled, but I noticed that the tiled area is 240 x 150 pixels, give or take a few pixels. I haven’t seen smaller images being tiled so far. Perhaps this is useful to know for the developers.

Thank you for the details.

I have shared the information with the development team and hopefully this will help the development team in resolving your issue.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Any news on this issue? Are you on track for a fix in a July release?

<span style=“line-height: 115%; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt;”>Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your patience.

I am pleased to share that he issue reported earlier has been resolved in latest release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.1.0. Please try using the latest release version and in case the problem still persists or you have any further query, please feel free to contact.

For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF that i have generated over my end. Please take a look.

Thanks for the update. I haven’t been able to reproduce this bug anymore, so that’s good.

However, when I tried using the PdfViewer class (Aspose.Pdf.Facades.PdfViewer) to print the pdf to a printer, all images on the card were scaled down (about 10 - 30% smaller), shifted left- and downward a bit and tiled to fill up the resulting space. I’ve attached the pdf I used to print.

Thank you for sharing the template file.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34047. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against your reported issue.

What’s the progress on this issue, i.e. when do you expect this bug to be fixed?

<span style=“line-height: 115%; font-family: “Tahoma”,“sans-serif”; font-size: 10pt;”>Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your patience.

The team is busy resolving this problem but I am afraid it’s
not yet completely fixed. Nevertheless I have requested them to share the ETA
regarding its resolution. As soon as I have some updates, I will let you know.
We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for being patient.

We have received a response from the development team and your issue will be fixed in our next official release of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.3 (to be released in early September 2012). You will be notified via this forum thread once the new version is available for download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34047) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Thanks for the update, images are showing up properly now.