Free Support Forum - aspose.com

XPS to PDF: text element vertical position not correct

I’ve encountered a text positioning issue when converting a XPS document to PDF. Some text elements are positioned slightly higher in the PDF. I don’t know if it’s an alignment or a positioning problem, but it’s a noticeable difference.

I’ve attached a test XPS document and the resulting PDF. Some of the text is positioned correctly, some of it is not (specifically the text elements on the right side of the first page).

Hi Pieter,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the template file.

I am able to reproduce your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-34211. We will notify you via this forum thread regarding any update against your reported issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Hello, I noticed that some updates have been pushed out since this post. Has this issue been fixed in the latest version?

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for your patience.

In recent release versions, we have introduced some new features, as well as some older issues have resolved. However concerning to the issue which you have reported, our development team is working hard
on resolving this issue but I am afraid this problem is not yet
completely fixed. Nevertheless, I have requested the development team to share
any possible ETA. As soon as I have some updates regarding its resolution, I
would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for this delay and inconvenience.

Hi Pieter,

I have further discussed with development team and as per
our current estimates, we plan to get this issue resolved by the end of current month and its Hotfix will be included in next release
version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.5.0 (its not a promise but we are trying our level best to get this issue resolved by the said time). Please be patient and wait for the new
release version and as soon as it becomes available, we would be more than
happy to update you with the status of availability.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in
this regard.

<o:p></o:p>

Hi Pieter,

We have further investigated this issue and due to complexity of this problem, we plan to get this issue resolved in next release version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.6.0 which is expected to release early next month (December-2012). Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.