Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Yet another "Object Changed" question

I've seen the multitude of posts about the "Object Changed" message when you alter an OleObjectFrame in powerpoint. One of the recommended solutions was to use Aspose.Chart to create a chart image and set the PictureId of the OleObjectFrame to the new chart image. Unfortunately, that won't work for us because we are trying to embed an excel worksheet into powerpoint. We want it to look and work just like excel in powerpoint. Which leaves us with 2 questions:

1) Is there anyway to generate a preview image using Aspose.Excel so I can attach it to the powerpoint presentation and set the PictureId to it?

Or

2) Is there anyway to sort of poke the new OleObjectFrame using Aspose.PowerPoint to get rid of the "Object Changed" message? Like when you open it a current presentation and hit open or edit on it, close, save, and reopen you see the worksheet instead of the "Object Changed" message. Is there a way we could sort of automate that process?
  1. It’s better to ask in Apose.Excel forum but if I’m not mistaken they are didn’t have such planes yet.

2. You can try to add AutoOpen macro to your ppt file and write small
    vb script which updates all OLE objects when you open presentation in
    MS PowerPoint.

Hi Alcrus,

I was just wondering if you had an update to the 'Object Changed' issue - is it something that can be fixed, and if so do you have a date? It's fantastic that you can embed Excel files into Aspose.PowerPoint files, but the 'Object Changed' issue is becoming a bit of a sticking point when presenting it as a solution to clients.

Any information you have about the issue would be most welcome.

Thank you,

a

It can’t be fixed at all because MS PowerPoint doesn’t update embedded objects when open presentation.

I wrote all possible solutions in the forum.

Theoretically it’s possible to use OLE automation to create image of an object but you have to try it by yourself.

We will not add such functionality to our component.

Ok, thanks for the update.

a

"2. You can try to add AutoOpen macro to your ppt file and write small vb script which updates all OLE objects when you open presentation in MS PowerPoint."

Can anyone provide an example of this or a little bit more explanation? I'm afraid my knowledge of macros is fairly limited and so far my googling hasn't turned anything up. How do you set a macro to run whenever a doc is openened?

Sorry, I can’t give you any examples but short googling returns not bad results. Try first link from these results:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&q=vba+autostart+macro+powerpoint&qt_s=Search