100+ System.ArgumentNullExceptions when reading project file

Hi,

when I try to load the attached project file I get a lot of NullReferenceExceptions and ArgumentNullExceptions, but as far as I can tell the file is loaded correctly. I can make a change in the file and save it, but during saving I get an equal amount of System.FormatExceptions, however the saved file seems all right.

As I’m currently evaluating Aspose.Tasks it would be great if someone could provide some insight into that worrying amount of exceptions and improve my confidence in the product.

Thanks

Attachment:MSP 2010_V1.zip (104.2 KB)

@GEFE,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have tried following sample code to re-produce the issue but afraid to share that no exception is raised while running this code. Project file “MSP 2010_V1.mpp” is loaded successfully and after updating the progress, is saved again without any error. Could you please give following code a try using latest library Aspose.Tasks for .NET 18.2.0 and share the feedback ?

Project proj = new Project(@"MSP 2010_V1.mpp");
Task tsk = proj.RootTask.Children.GetById(3);
tsk.Set(Tsk.PercentComplete, 30);
proj.Save(@"MSP 2010_V1Save.mpp",new MPPSaveOptions());

Thank you for trying it. It is good to know that there is no inherent problem with our standard file. I was also able to load the file on another machine without problems, but now the question is what is different on my main development machine.

I’ve created a new project containing only your code and I still get the exceptions. But now the code is underlined with red and there is an error that says: Module ‘Aspose.Tasks, Version=18.2.0.0 […]’ should be referenced. I have installed the 18.2.0.0 nuget package and it is also referenced. Any ideas?

Thanks

@GEFE,

I am afraid that no such issue is re-produced here, therefore it is not possible to provide assistance. It seems to be environmental issue and you need to compare your environment of both the systems. You may try by adding references directly by using dll’s ZIP version and see if it works or not. You may also copy complete solution from one working system to the other system and see if it works or not. Until and unless you do not assist us to re-produce this scenario here, we are not able to provide any assistance.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

@GEFE,

I am afraid that no such issue is re-produced here, therefore it is not possible to provide assistance. It seems to be environmental issue and you need to compare your environment of both the systems. You may try by adding references directly by using dll’s ZIP version and see if it works or not. You may also copy complete solution from one working system to the other system and see if it works or not. Until and unless you do not assist us to re-produce this scenario here, we are not able to provide any assistance.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.