When editing the Aspose Grid web- cell jumps arround when selected

Hi,

We are using editable aspose grid web.

Grid is having approximately 150 columns.

When user selects any cell to edit after scrolling, The selected cell/column is jumping to the end of the grid.

Is this existing issue, Please let me know the fix for this.

Please check the attached screenshot

Thanks,

Mahesh

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

No, it is not a known issue.

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.11.2000
and see if it resolves your issue.

If your problem is persistent, then please provide us a simple sample project replicating your issue with the latest version.

We will check it on our end and report it to development team so that it could be fixed.

Please also provide any source xls/xlsx file(s) you are using in your sample project.

Hello Aspose,

I have done investigation into this issue. This problem I get only when I use IE 7 browser.

My clients are using IE7 browser. So, Please test this bug by setting your browser mode to IE 7.

Please find the attached screenshot and sample project which replicates our exact issue.

We have updated our DLL to your latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll (2.7.11.2000) and tried. but the issue still exist.

Issue: When the aspose gridweb is in editable mode and having many columns. When you scroll to the right side of the grid and selects any cell to edit, The cell is moved to the end of the grid. This behaviour of the grid confusing our client as the selected cell is jumping arround.

Have A Good Day!

Thanks,

Mahesh

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We were able to notice issue with scrollbar while selecting the cells/columns using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.11.2001

We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into this issue and fix it. Once there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41152.

Hi Aspose,

Thanks for noticing the issue.

We are moving our application to the production next week.

Could you give us the estimated date for this fix.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Hi,

Normally, we resolve issues in 2~3 working days. However, some issues which are difficult to be fixed could take longer, it could take couple of weeks or may be months too.

Please spare us some time, our developers will look into your issue and then we will be able to give you some estimated time.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have looked into your issue and found that it is actually IE 7 problem, it cannot be fixed completely. But we have used few tricks to fix them.

We have attached a latest js file i.e acwmain.zip with this post which you can include in the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.11.2001

and try it.

Please replace your acwmain.js file with the one attached by us.

Hi Aspose Team,

Thanks you very much for providing quick fix.

Thanks,
Mahesh

Hi Aspose Team,

We have replaced the original file acwmain.js(189 KB) with the new file acwmain.js(166KB) which you have provided. (both are attached)

though it fixed our jumpy choppy issue, but other modules in our application using the aspose grid web like in this example started behaving abnormally.

Then we replaced with the older acwmain.js file, and it fixed our new issues.

Could you please add the new script for fixing the jumpy choppy issue to your older file(attached) and send it to us.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We update the older acwmain.js file and get the newer acwmain.js. So, new acwmain.js contains the feature of old acwmain.js also.

We have forwarded your issue to development team, we will look into this issue and then update you asap.

Hi Aspose,

When I compared the file with comparison tool, I see some cod missing and also there is a difference in the file size.

Our other aspose editable grids which opens the excel file and allows
the user to update and save into another excel file is not functioning.

So We are thinking the new file must be missing some features from old file.

Hi Aspose,

Any update?

Or

Would you just let me kow how we can use different files of acwmain.js file to different aspx pages?

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for GridWeb v2.7.12.2001

and let us know your feedback.

Hi Aspose Team,

This Updated DLL fixed our major issues but below formatting codes are not working for aspose web grids.

sheet.Cells.SetRowHeight(0, new Unit(25, UnitType.Point));

for (int i = 0; i < sheet.BindColumns.Count; i++)
{
sheet.BindColumns[i].ColumnHeaderStyle.VerticalAlign = VerticalAlign.Bottom;
sheet.BindColumns[i].ColumnHeaderStyle.Wrap = true;
}

Wrapping the columns heading,aligning and increasing the header row height have stopped working. I am just investigating at the CSS side to fix it, If you have any suggestion/tips to fix it please let me know.

Thanks

Hi,

It’s good to know that your major issues are fixed with the previous version.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for GridWeb v2.7.12.2002.

This latest version includes the fixes of the following issues.

1 - The vertical alignment and wrap problem
2 - Some IE-7 bugs .
3 - Problem on resizing header row height for merged cells that causes table distortion.

Let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41152) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.