Does Aspose support tab delimited export option?

We have purchased the licensed version of Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices, and are mainly using “Excel 2007 Data Only” export option. But we want tab delimited export option, so i saw an option called 'ACTXT' in the config file.

So just wanted to check with you to see can this be used an tab delimited or do you suggest any other option?

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

And refer following configure information to update Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services configure

Let us know your feedback

If you still face issues, then please post your report file here. We will check it ASAP.

Hello,

Can this be done without downloading the latest dll? I mean just using ACTXT render format.

As we have few issues with latest dll (which we are working in a different thread), I wanted to ask you if it can done without using latest dll.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Well, you can try configuring your configuration file with the given context with your old dll and see it if works fine.

=============================================

tab

Thank you. Will the file be in .txt extension?

Hi,

Well, it is a config file i.e. rsreportserver.config

Thank you.

Hello,

I just added ACTXT to export options and it works as CSV Delimited format, but my business users also wanted tab delimited format also. Can we get both CSV Delimited and Tad delimited export options?

For CSV I used:

v

Thanks.

Hi,

Sure, you can do it. See the following on how you may write your desired export options (you may update render setting in rsreportserver.cfg file):

<o:p></o:p>

e.g

tab

tab

_____

Can I use one extension times two times? Like below, as when when I use ACCSV, it exports in .CSV, i want it in .txt extension<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

CSV

Tab Delimited

tab

v

Also when I use tab delimiter for ACTXT, it is giving me comma seperated.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Tab Delimited

tab

Hi,

unfi-tech:

Also when I use tab delimiter for ACTXT, it is giving me comma seperated.

Tab Delimited

tab

Thanks for the file.

I have logged a ticket with an id: SSRS-40072 for your enhancement. We will investigate look into it and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

unfi-tech:

Can I use one extension times two times? Like below, as when when I use ACCSV, it exports in .CSV, i want it in .txt extension

CSV

Tab Delimited

tab

v

Hi,

Yes, you can add two extensions. You can add as many extensions as there are formats supported by Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Also, the extensions names should not be same, they should be different. I have highlighted the important things with red color.

Please try following update in rsreportserver.config.

ACTXT" Type="Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.TabDelimitedRenderer,Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices" >

blank

ACCSV" Type="Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.CSVRenderer,Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices" >

I needed CSV and tab delimited formats. So I used below code. But when i Tab delimited i.e. ACTXT it display comma separated though i specified tab as delimiter?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Also when I use CSV i.e. ACCSV format, the fiel has extension as .csv, can that be changed to .txt? I also tried specifying the extension as .txt in the config file by txt, that did not work?

Also is it possible to talk to you guys directly instead of using this forum?

CSV

Tab delimited

blank

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It is better to use this forum. We provide Live Chat support, but it has some limitation and use for simple queries that could be answered quickly and there are different guys available on different timings residing in different Time Zones on Live Chat.

For complex queries like these, we prefer forums only.

To get results in tab, please change the blank to tab and see if it works.

tab

For changing file extension, I will look into it and might also forward to development team if needed.

unfi-tech:

Also when I use CSV i.e. ACCSV format, the fiel has extension as .csv, can that be changed to .txt? I also tried specifying the extension as .txt in the config file by txt, that did not work?

Hi,

In order to save your file in .txt extension, please try the following.

CSV

TXT

Please also check the following article on MSDN for your reference.

• CSV Device Information Settings

Another such article that could help you is this.

• Exporting to a text file from Reporting Services

I first used tab only that did not work, but as someone replied in this forum to try using blank i tried it.

tab

Hi,

It seems like you are getting all these issues because of some bugs in older version.

Please get back to the very first post and try the attached version. Let us know your feedback.

Post Link: https://forum.aspose.com/t/103848

These forums are for microsoft export options. I was asking about Aspose rendering options.

I tried TXT, but that did not work. It is still giving me in .csv format.

The dll what we have has few things fixed for us. Can you please verify and let me know if the new one does not break it?

Also we have other thread going and whenever we get a new dll from aspose, it does not keep the old changes, thats why we had to roll back.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We will look into your queries and help or give you advice next week most probably on Monday.

Meanwhile, you could check the new dll in your testing environment.

We will get back to you soon.