License not set

I have a new evaluation licensed Aspose Total and I am having exactly the same problems with the license working for cells and doc but NOT for slides (version 16.10).

I am using the same simple call for each feature that I want to use e.g:

// import com.aspose.docs.License; // works fine
// import com.aspose.cells.License; // works fine
import com.aspose.slides.License; // doesn’t work!!!

License license = new License();
license.setLicense(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

Hi John,

I have observed your comments and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.2.0 on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the license file with us by following these guidelines. Please notify us here in this thread as well once you have shared the license. I will investigate the issue further to help you out.

Many Thanks,

I have emailed a copy of my license.

Hi John,

I have worked with the license file shared by using Aspose.Slides for Java 16.1.0 and 16.2.0 on my end and have not observed any issue while using the license. There is not watermark observed. Can you please share the sample project along with source and generated output with us so that I may investigate that further to help you out. Please also provide the environment details as well where you are using Aspose.Slides for Java.

Many Thanks,

I have found the fix - Aspose slides seems to need the full path of the licence file to be specified rather than specifying the licence by file name only if it is located in the same folder as the aspose .jar files (as per the other product modules like words, cells, imaging, etc). E.g

// for slides
license.setLicense(“D:\Aspose\AsposeLibTotal\aspose-diagram-6.1.0-java\Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

// for all other modules
license.setLicense(“Aspose.Total.Java.lic”);

Hope this helps other people and gets fixed!
1 Like

Hi John,

Thank you for the elaboration. Can you please make sure on your end by placing the license file along side your java class file and then executing that using console on your end. I hope this will work. If there is still an issue in this regard, I may add a ticket in our issue tracking system to further investigate the issue on our end.

Many Thanks,